G6E Turbo 09 Bluetooth And Iphone Issue

pauliepaulie

• Member For: 13y 8m 10d

Gidday All...just signed up to the forum (looks cool) as I just bought an 09 G6E Turbo...I know its probably been asked before but here we go anyway...

I cant receive calls thorugh my Iphone version 4.0 the latest, and the phones a 3GS so all the latest. The lads at Ford said its got a B module in it and it needs to be upgraded to a C module....what the!! The cars not even a year old so not very happy..any ideas Ladies and Gents....dont really want to spend the $650 they quoted me to upgrade it?

Outbound calls work well so does the voice tags....sometimes...appreciate any advice I can get.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d

Do not blame Ford for the retards at Apple not using the industry standard BT.

Apple in their moronic wisdome decided to do their own BT and have caused many problems for BT makers.

I have paired many HTC models and some Nokia and never had a problem.

• Member For: 14y 8m 27d

Agreed. This is an apple problem full stop. I've seen it in a few different makes, even the luxury brands.

Anyone know how much the upgraded BT modules are?

Edited by KeepLeft

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 20d

I don't really care who's 'fault' it is...

you can't do it yourself, well not without some trickery that I'm not aware of. You have to get the dealer to fit it.

I just removed the old and plugged in the new with no success, however got the dealer to fit it and all is perfect.

I have OS4 on my 3G and now the custom ringtones are working through the stereo! WAHOO.

On the Apple vs Ford debate...other vehicles like my parents BMW's that were built before the iphone work with the iphone so I don't think it is as simple as Apple's fault..

Personally I blame bluetooth inc. for not establishing a protocol that means all phones with the bluetooth logo work with all accessories with bluetooth logo. I have written to the owners of the bluetooth logo.