Aftermarket Lower Control Arms For Falcons?

Tocchi

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 26d

any companies produce these for the falcons?

chasing a pair for the FG, in the rear.

Edited by Tocchi

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members

im needing some negative camber in the rear.

and yeah adjustable would be good

ive got onto WA Suspensions and they have found a product, but are doing some research on it for me... so ill know soonish I hope :)

Edited by Tocchi

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 12d

You'd really need to do something with the upper arms, not lowers - having an adjustable lower arm would be good, but hard to make it strong enough to take the weight of the rear end the rear springs sit on the lower arm.

Making something adjustable for the upper arms would be better, but clearance is an issue when the suspension gets to full droop, the upper arms have a kink in them for this, but that makes it hard to put an adjustable turn-buckle in them.

Super Pro have off-set bushes for the inner mount of the arms, but you can only adjust about +/- 1 degree.

Let me know what you find bud :greyscare:

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members

oh okies.. didnt know that

the upper arms with a bend in them ... similar to this?

(hopefully photos work)

cs3a.png

csst.png

csss.png

those Super Pro bushes, are they adjustable? or once I fit them, that's my rear camber set until I change bushes again?

as I might only need 1 degree. got 2.5 deg (I think) on the front, and that swallows the tyres, only need a fraction of that camber on the rear

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

Yeah the arms are similar to those organge toe arms, but the bend is right smack in the middle of the falcon ones making it a pain.

The super-pro ones are adjustable, they allow 1 degree of adjustment +/- from your starting point, that might be all you need. Is it just for tyre clearance or are you trying to set the car up for motorkhana events?

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members

Yeah the arms are similar to those organge toe arms, but the bend is right smack in the middle of the falcon ones making it a pain.

The super-pro ones are adjustable, they allow 1 degree of adjustment +/- from your starting point, that might be all you need. Is it just for tyre clearance or are you trying to set the car up for motorkhana events?

both. tyre clearance and car setup .. saying that, ill be using a 235/45/R17 R-comp tyre so I want as much tyre contact as possible, so I cant have too extreme camber on the rear.

and increasing the rear track promoting oversteer is ok, but not too much

Edited by Tocchi

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

Considering the height you run your car at, I'd be fitting the bushes and dialing out neg camber - you don't really want anymore than 1 degree neg at max. unless the rear is still rolling heaps and chewing the outside edge.

Because you'll be increasing camber from the top, the track won't be widened - even still, increasing rear track can increase under steer because there is a larger radius for the rear axle to pivot around creating front end push.

If you can, get some off-set caster rod bushes for the front of your FG, the further forward you can push the front wheels the more chance you will have of increasing the front end grip - that big lump of Boss motor doesn't help!

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members

the rear is quite good, but I think its resting on bumpstops... so that might be hampering it a tad.

no outside wear from what ive seen, but ill double check that on the 24th July at the next event (pending on getting the xr8 back in time from ford)

oh oops, cheers for that correction :)

hmmm that might be a tad extreme for what im looking at, ill see how I go on the R-comps and then decide if I need more front end grip or not :)