Pw Surge Tank Wiring

• Member For: 13y 11m 14d

I'm going to install my process west surge and 044 this weekend,I dont have the pw loom so I'll be making my own.

where is the best place to find the factory fuel pump wire (and colours would be awesome) on my bf2 11/06 xr6t.

cheers

• Member For: 17y 10m 4d

I used double insulated power wire . Use the pink wire off the fuel pump relay in the engine bay. It is a timed relay and shuts the fuel pump down after around 3-4 seconds of priming.This feature comes in handy when loading tunes into the car. As the fuel pump would run continuously otherwise.

If you take the metal screw tab off the relay (If fitted) You can fit the relay onto a tab inside the fuse/relay box and make it look factory.. I ran the wire forwards and then throught he inner gueard. Between the plastic guard and the chassis. It come back through the inner gueard near the brake booster then across the back of the engine with the brake lines...

I personally have only one problem with this setup. My fuel pump seems to shut down if I start the car and let it idle. If don't start driving immediately and will do this 2-3 times then it is fine.. If I drive off immediately it is fine... Go figure.. :dontknow: Maybe I need a one way check vale put between the pump and the fuel rail...

I hope that this helps :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

Splice into the pink wire where HI PSI has said.

I just put my relay with the fuel pump and surge tank itself and connected it to the bolt that holds the fuel pump bracket. Earth wire connected to one of the main bolt brackets of the surge tank and 12v power from the starter motor with a fuse inline. The only long wire for me then was the factory fuel pump wire run the same way as HI PSI with conduit wrapped around it!

• 1 year later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 21d

Yeah I'll be seeing Dave next week when I pick the surge tank and valve springs up. Just thought I'd get what info I could off here. The pw harness just seems a bit pricey for something I could do myself.

• Like 1