Fg Which Cooler

ronski123

• Member For: 14y 4m 5d
Just a tiny bit of grinding of the crash bar. I have a PW and heartliy reccomend it.

Cool , does that mean there is gringing / cutting of the steel reo also?

Woops forgot bout that bit. It's plastic I doubt it forms part of the overall crash rating.

Mmm I guess Ford Engineers are the only people who can answer that. Id would be terrible to find out the hard way... ie up the back of a bus or something! Or if your insurance company rejected a claim.

sir20B, does the PWR kit retain the factory mounting points? Any statistics to see how well each kit match up against each other? I guess when speaking to tuners, they would be fairly bias, as they would recommend the ones they stock...

The PWR stepped unit retains all 4 yes.. I found this flyer on the PWR Site..

PWI6706.jpg

Your best referring to each reseller or manufacturer for individual tests results or performance graphs perhaps.

There are graphs on the pwr site I see also...

Performance wise it comes back to basics...A cooler that DOES require cutting of the car has a head start..

ie it is obviously larger compared to that of a cooler that obviously doesnt..

I guess its also a case of personal choice..

cheers

you wouldnt know what these are worth at all sir20b? might go one of these.

I think 990inc. Best ring to confirm

Sir20B, do you not work for PWR?

No, but I have ran one of their data loggers on my car for last 4months (one of 2 cars to do so). Not biased, just keen

to get the most bang for buck (like the rest of us) and stating it how it is...

Id also be happy to test any intercooler that you can find, that will fit with zero mods to the stock front end of my FG...

cheers

Edited by Sir20B

• Member For: 17y 9m 26d

I’m up for a back-to-back test of my FG intercooler product against this.

I’ll even chop 100mm from the top of it so the plastic bridge doesn’t have to be removed.

I can guarantee that my intercooler will still work better (have lower outlet temps)than ANY extruded tube and fin intercooler. I’ve back to back tested many cars over the last 12 years with extruded cores and they are simply not even close to an offset bar and plate core.

Bring on an independent test.

Kev

Edited by Process West

I'm up for a back-to-back test of my FG intercooler product against this.

I'll even chop 100mm from the top of it so the plastic bridge doesn't have to be removed.

I can guarantee that my intercooler will still work better (have lower outlet temps)than ANY extruded tube and fin intercooler. I've back to back tested many cars over the last 12 years with extruded cores and they are simply not even close to an offset bar and plate core.

Bring on an independent test.

Kev

Cool... (Literally)

Send her up.

Happy to test it for you..

Criteria will be a 3 Minute period at 75% load on Dyno with 60 km/h Dyno fan going flat out...

Any Bar and plate cooler will "hold" the cold for longer on one pull and let time to recover due to it being heavier in construction than any T/F cooler ever made.

A constant load period will be interesting with the flat faced natured front edge of the bar and plate cooler with 60km/h breeze blowing over it and not through it..

PM me for address.

Cheers

Edited by Sir20B

• Member For: 17y 9m 26d

Cool... (Literally)

Send her up.

Happy to test it for you..

Criteria will be a 3 Minute period at 75% load on Dyno with 60 km/h Dyno fan going flat out...

Any Bar and plate cooler will "hold" the cold for longer on one pull and let time to recover due to it being heavier in construction than any T/F cooler ever made.

A constant load period will be interesting with the flat faced natured front edge of the bar and plate cooler with 60km/h breeze blowing over it and not through it..

PM me for address.

Cheers

So in a drag race situation (which is what 99% of the guys around here are into) the bar & plate is the best option??

needs to be an unbiased test..

You used to work for PWR for longer than I can remember ;-)

Edited by Process West