Cds Stuck In Premium Sound

berzerker

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

Okay dug around and followed a link to ASL Automedia by Adam that gave me a dead link to the pdf on howto remove the ICC with pics. After googling for a copy someone else had posted up, found it. But incase that link also dies, I've uploaded it here for the benefit of this community :beerchug: Gonna give it a go maybe this weekend - already found how to remove the surround plate around the gear lever by just pulling up on it and suspected that I'd have to pry the top of the console off and this procedure confirms that.

Barra ICC removal_V2.0.pdf

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 7d

I ended up getting the sh!ts and just spending 2 grand a new system. Couldve probably tried harder to get the damned CD out, but meh.. happy as with the new stereo though. Stupid CD is still in there..

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Did it today and I think it was a dodgy CDR as I had 4 loaded since a year ago and they have been fine but the 5th one looks like a cheaper quality one and I had to push the 4th one back into the loader after I got the ICC out. I took some photos along the way so will post up a step by step guide. Would like to thank Yoshi who took my "call a friend" telephone call on Christmas Day of all days for some guidance as once I had the back cover off the CD loader farrked if I knew what to do next :roflmbo:

Anyway, 2 1/2 hrs later with 2 bloody cuts on my fingers (really sharp edges on the metal behind the ICC) it's all good :thumbsup:

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

Lol, glad you got it sorted mate. As I mentioned last time these stacker's DO NOT like burnt cd's for some reason, and that's what jams them up. I was lucky and got mine out just by fiddling with it (which I tried with yours to no avail), hope FG's ain't as bad but just to be safe side tech pack and Ipod will be the go :spoton:

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 2d

That's all I've ever put in mine and I've never had a problem.

I have heard that the CD's with the white surface you can print on can cause some issues. I don't use those ones.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Thanks mate. Thanks also for he extra tips. I'll post them up here incase anybody is attempting this anytime soon. Let's just say I was fed up with it on Christmas Day and just got stuck into it - good thing I unplugged the battery :innocent::beerchug:

Just 2 points from my own experience that you may wish to add...

I use a key card or credit card to lift the back of the gauge panel up. It's nice and flat with a big surface area, so there's no chance of marking the panel or dash.

The correct procedure for removing the BEM plugs is...

- Disconnect antenna connector. [EvilDaifu - this was a bit hard for me because I didn't know where it was before I started]

- Disconnect the 4 connectors under the BEM starting from the drivers side, working towards the passenger side.

- The connector closest to passenger side must be removed last or you may hear relay chattering.

- If the vehicle is fitted with satellite navigation a 5th connector must also be disconnected. [EvilDaifu - I saw a fifth connector but it was disconnected and had no idea what it was for - know I know I think]

- The connectors must be re-fitted in the reverse order. (From passenger side to drivers side).