Surge Tank Required

XR64LT

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 16d

Hey guys, late friday night went for a cruise with the mrs. After filling up a full tank I had to open it up. After a certain point with WOT it just seems to be cutting out like im backing off but my foot is still to the floor. Would this mean with the momentom of the car the fuel is getting pushed to the back of the tank leaving the Walbro struggle to suck any fuel (with a quarter/half sure but a full tank?). My car is always regularly serviced

(including fuel filter) so im not quite sure what else it could be.

Also meant to be running next wednesday but I dont want to damage anything.

Cheers Leo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 5d

Check the walbro is plumbed correctly, some poeple have had issues with hoses coming half off ect after a awhile, or that your not over boosting and hitting boost cut. Do you have a boost guage?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 16d

how would I know if its boost cutting?

I also remember the tuner replacing (I think it was a boost) solenoid when I had work done the first time.

• Member For: 17y 10m 21d

It could be a number of things. You planning on going for more power? An anti surge tank is good insurance as a lean motor could easily turn into a dead motor.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 9m 1d

this happened to me when I was filling up at bp, found out a lot of people were complaining about the same servo, turned it in the local newspaper they had water in their fuel and was contaminated. that could be a cause as its been raining a lot lately. replaced the fuel pump and filters seems to drive fine now. however because I have a hi flow fuel pump when its on a qrtr or less it surges so you will need a surge tank. hope this helps