Spooling Sound

AJJ

• Member For: 13y 1m 23d

tis y I have always serviced my own car, till now, I get my F6 done by my local tune shop.

Dealerships get a reputation for selling cars, not servicing, service centres have to do the job properly or u dont come back.

had a few mats buy new cars and take it in for the first few services, they always seemed to miss things or just not do a good job... maybe it was just the dealers in the town, maybe its a general rule of thumb...

just my opinion...

ohh, and back to my main point. does any1 know how I can increase the "tututu" sound? or is that a sount it shouldnt make (insted of the 1 chuuuu sound). can u re-plumb the BOV so not all the pressure goes back into the intake pipe? I think I remember some1 saying that the air flow sensor needs it to be piped that way for the cpu.

any1 able to shed light on that 1?

Taking the BOV off will definetly make the flutter sound louder but its not very healthy as this sound comes from the air being forced back out the turbo wich is still producing airflow itself, hence slowing the compressor wheel down extremly quik.. the BOV is there for a reason and that reason is obviously not to make noise. instead off removing the BOV just try only lifting your foot off the throttle just unuf and you will find a nice balance there where you can get the noise your after :pleasantry:

• 2 years later...
  • Member For: 10y 2m 6d

Ok, So im new, have got a bf, series 2 f6 typhoon rspec and as orginally posted this gentlemen mentions the vacuum noise etc. Now I have a wastegate and ive had my car long enough and driven it enough to know what noises it should and shouldn't make and as much as I kinda like this over the top MASSIVE DYSON vacuum that's creeped under the left side of my bonnet its not right at all, but with mine comes my oil pressure gauge going all the way to the right even not accelerating it will stay on 5 if the issue decided to be real bad, followed by sometimes not boosting. The unfortunate part is when I first took it the mechanics it did it sweet f.a. of course, then as I left out comes that creepy darth vader on a loud speaker. Something definately isn't right I did what I thought was a computer reset but as I have read above I didn't do it correctly which I will attempt now . Surely someone can help ive since been to the mechanics twice and they are telling me its meant to be like that. Help please.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 11d

My suggestion is to learn how to write with paragraphs. This will either fix the problem or allow someone to easily read what you've written and suggest a solution.

• Like 5

• Member For: 10y 2m 6d
senna_t- Did I mention that it boost's sometimes, today the oil pressure gauge was going all the way to the left, Then all the way to the right.

All this whilst still making the loud vacuum noise. Turn the car off, Drive again, Maybe it doesn't do it as bad. Turn car off, Drive again- Might do it heaps.

Since this has been happening more often the last few days I have tried not to drive it. Until I can find out what the hell is going on.

In saying that do you still think its what you mentioned above about the pipe not being seated properly?

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

My suggestion is to learn how to write with paragraphs. This will either fix the problem or allow someone to easily read what you've written and suggest a solution.

You, ms700, Ralph Wiggum and 1 other like this Unlike

BF2 XR6T Ute 6spd Manual 286.5rwkillerwasps with abo

As for the paragraphing and lack of Grammer etc. Hope this meets your approval. ;-)

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 20d

As SennaT has mentioned it may be a loose pipe.

I'd start at the rubber joiner between the throttle body and the crossover as these have been know to split, and if the crossover has been removed, its very easy to pinch the rubber coupler when refitting and leave a gap/air leak. read here- http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/86807-throttle-body-rubber-joiner/?hl=%2Btb+%2Bjoiner

Also check the airbox to pipe joint for tightness.

From there check all the pipes you can get to for splits and loose hose clamps.

As for the gauge, its likely either a dud sender of you have a wire earthing out, possibly pinched/rubbing through its insulation somewhere.

The sender is located l/h side of the engine , behind and above the oil filter by about 300mm- if you follow the metal pipe from your turbo across the front of your motor it will join the oil pressure sender in the spot mentioned.

Read here- http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/32461-turbo-oil-supply-screen-cleaning/

Check the wires but dont try to remove the sender without reading that last link ^^ carefully.

Has anyone been tinkering under the bonnet lately? if so check those areas too as its possible something was left loose or pinched a wire by mistake.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 11d

That is way better.

As for this oil pressure indication. I thought the F6 had boost and voltage for the gauges. Are they factory gauges or have they been changed?

Also what do you mean by you have a wastegate? The turbo will make some noise but it is hard to know without hearing if its bad or not.