Difference Between Bf Fpv And Xr6T Engine

cv8z

• Member For: 17y 9m 9d

Hi Guys/gals

My engine is worn out on my BF FPV Typhoon R Spec.

I am chasing another engine to put into the car, The problem im hving is the engine is putting out 4000rwkw's

My question to the forum is, What are the differences between the FPV and Xr6t engines???

Also apart from the sum is there any difference between the xr6t FG engine ?

Cheers

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 8m 11d

4000rwkw on the bf stock motor will do that.... maybe try a jet engine out of a space ship?

from my understanding, there is stronger parts in the bf motor AFTER 06/06 builds. Rods, valve springs etc. And even stronger in the FG. The fg xr6t and f6 short block are the same. Both should be fine for 400rwkw.

You can go a fg short and your bf head if you where chasing something. Or just go an atomic motor.

Is your problem too many Ks? or way to much lead foot over time? Cant just die in the bum after 5000km pushign those numbers.... Maybe after a few years of constant abuse?

Edited by icer

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 21d

4000rwkw would have torn your car a new arsehole. :w00t2:

Did The ZF hold up to that much power ok? :verysad:

What exactly do you mean by worn out, how long has it been copping a thrashing for? I'm doing mine up right now to a similiar power level, I'm just wondering what sorta shelf life I might expect.

ha ha ha ha 4000rwkw ha ha 400rwkw

Ok guys I lied a bit in my post, as I was typing quickly as im at work.

The car is a BF Typhoon R Spec T56

The car has been off the road for 2 years as its being fully rebuilt (repairable write off)

The panel beater washed down the engine with a fire hose about 1.5 years ago, while the intake and exhaust manifold was off being powder coated.

When the car was put on the Dyno for the tune, the engine was siezed due to the water in 5 and 6 cylinder.

After alot of oil was left in the bore to try and unsieze the engine # 5 came out ok but # 6 when being pressed out (yes press out) cracked the lock.

So I am needing another engine but dont want ta waste time or money searching for a FPV long engine if a XR6T engine has the same internals.

I have been told the FPV has stronge rods and lower compression ratios.

Any one with real speacs please help

Cheers

Edited by cv8z

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8d

Typhoons and anything after after 06/06 in the xr6t range have the same motors in the B range. Does that clear it up for you?

The FG F6 motors have Forged pistons, and I think the fg xr motors are just the same as the 06/06 motors?

Thanks heaps henz

Basicly after 06/06 all the motors were the same?

Except the FPV FG series

But the FG XR series all had the same engines as the 06/06 B series?

I think I have it all now

Cheers

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 19d

At exactly what point in 06/06 did the change over occur? mine is a 06/06 build. Dont know wheather it was very early or very late 06/06 though. Would ford be of any help in this! :turboboink:

• Member For: 13y 10m 18d

I got told the same thing about them being stronger as I am searching for motor to, because I shot a rod out the side of my block. When I called ford today the guy on the phone told me a f6 short motor was 3200 and that they were the same from 05 to the end of production, but he didnt sound like he new what he was talking about so I am just getting a block and getting it built up