Turbo Conversion Help

antman89

• Member For: 16y 8m 20d

Hey guys fairly new here im currently about to undertake a turbo conversion on my ba 2003 fairmont and was wondering if someone could give some advise and help would be appreciated. Im using mostly all standard xr6 stuff, close up photos of your engine and turbo would help dramatically.

I have got so far:

- GT3540

- Manifold

- Dump pipe

- Intercooler and all piping

- boost solenoid

- turbo oil feed(earls filter) and return(standard)

and some gaskets, the manifold and turbo came with no studs or nuts so ill need to source them,

what I think I still need and :

- Water lines to and from and engine heater pipes + fittings

- 2bar map sensor

- studs and nuts for all parts including oil lines

- xr6t fuel reg

- boost pressure sensor

I hope I havent missed anything, im in adelaide and would love to start ripping into this project as soon as I have all the parts thanks

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks mate ive done like a year's worth of research and now finally have a daily so I can work on the falcon in the shed lol. Im struggling to find the turbo water lines anywhere do ford still sell them? and what type of flasher do I need? will the car run after all this is done. also just need motivation to start this lol thanks

• Member For: 16y 1m 3d

if your goin to run the factory water lines youll need new heater hoses im pretty positive and the heater pipes and the water feed them selves you can get them from ford. I tapped into the heater hoses coming out of the fire wall next to the brake booster , with a brass tee and ran into the turbo from there.

go to your local car dealer with a ba or bf turbo and just have a look under the hood... it helps alot

can u take some photos of how u did it? so you ran water feed from t piece and where did the return go? I just got a print out of all the parts I need and part numbers could end up pricey if I use all factory ford stuff for the remained of the parts lol. thanks for the help so far

• Member For: 14y 4m 5d

I was under the impression you will be missing bits out of the wiring loom. I know that some ba utes and na xr6's have the wiring required to hook up the boost control solenoid.

If you have an auto you might need to get a trans cooler. I'm also told that you need to upgrade the injectors because after using the flasher its basically like a tuned xr6t so you need to have bigger injectors for it to work.

As far as im aware you can also get the 2bar map sensors from ebay but don't quote me on that.

I am also doing a t upgrade, starting late July :)

unsure about the loom, I have been looking for a 2bar map sensor havent found one yet. I was under the impression the injectors were the same as a na xr6? correct me if im wrong. whats your base car and are u just swapping engines or doing the same as I thanks

• Member For: 16y 10m 12d

I have done something similar with my Fairmont Ghia. But instead of slapping on turbo bits though, I simply swapped the motor with a typhoon motor.

The fusebox needed replacing, as the Wastegate Control Solenoid (WCS) and Boost Pressure Sesnor (BPS) looms were not there on the stock fuse box (I was told that there are ways around this, but no one seemed to know at the time!!).

I initially started gathering parts for a turbo conversion on the stock engine and still have the XR6T MAP sensor available. I will also have the fusebox, ECU and the the third loom (that connects to the PCM) for boost control up for sale shortly as I have replaced all of them to convert to the ZF 6 speed auto. PM me if you need any more info.