Xcal 1 Going Offline Discussion

senna_T

• Talks Cheap, Let's Race
  • Member For: 17y 5m 9d

I sent a message to herrod last night asking if the x2 would be turned off in the near future and got a response back saying the x2 is ok for now but wont be able to tune the zf 6 speed. lucky I only got a 4 spd I spose

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 9m 7d

on the positive side of things, at least Rob goes out of his way to reply to all our emails within 24 hours and still is friendly. Ive dealt with him before and he is a top straight forward bloke.

But sct can lick all our b@lls.

• Abuser of Charvels
  • Member For: 20y 4m 13d

As already noted this is an absolute disgrace. Talk about being f*cked in the ass.

Get what you pay for? Like above I paid a lot, I think mine was $1295 and I bought it from Herrod too! Then tuning on top of that so I've paid enough already I think for a box I am using on the one car all this time.

I don't flash my car much but was planning a tweak on my tune after a mod later this year, which will now cost me a lot more unnecessarily because of this sneaky, underhand tactic SCT have used on the tuning software.

There has absolutely been nothing told to the public anywhere that support for X1 was going to be pulled. What was communicated was that we could use them as we have been as legit customers, which I am.

SCT now call the Xcal1 an ancient 10 year old box which begs me to ask why the hell we got this unit here 5 years ago. Seems like they dumped the old product onto Australia, and who gets screwed over the most here? Us early adopters who paid so much in the beginning.

Make no mistake I understand that my box now has no warranty and were it to fail I would upgrade to a new one, but it otherwise works fine and is perfectly suited to the car I use it on and bought it for so I would love to be able to retain the ability to retune my car with it as advertised.

I emailed SCT last time this debacle occured and will do so again. The person I emailed then was rickt at sctflash dot com, who was the President back then.

Basically as a person who paid a lot of good money for a product that still should work on my car this is less than impressive.

• The Cleaning Dudes Ute
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 12d

Incase I've missed it out of the 5 pages on this thread alone, when does this all grind to a hault?

My car's going back to the tuners Wednesday next week.

I guess it comes down to... do we really need a SCT box to tune our cars? - I know I'm asking Danny what else he can use

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 1d

It has ground to a halt If Danny has upgraded his software recently...

You'll need an sct3 anyway if you wanna edit your zf...

Other options? Sniper... Ummm can't remember the others... But they are still gonna cost a bit... Some you pay for unit and for each car you wanna tune it on (known as a bullet)...

You'll probably HAVE (ie be FORCED!!) to upgrade to an SCT3...

• ride the lightning
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 13d

Money hungry? no.

SO IF WE HAVE A CAR WITH UPGRADED INJECTORS AND OUR 3 TUNE SLOTS ARE FILLED TO RUN A CAR WITH MODIFIED INJECTORS HOW DO WE FLASH BACK?????!!!!!

DOES SCT PAY FOR THE TUNERS TIME OR OUR TIME TO DO THERE CHANGE OVER???!!!!!

PS $200 IS B/S FOR A REBATE!!!!\

WHY DOESNT SCT GIVE US TRADE IN XCAL 1 AND UPGRADE TO XCAL3 FOR $200.

WHY DOESNT SCT CHASE UP THE DODGEY TUNERS!!! INSTEAD OF SLAYING THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!

• Abuser of Charvels
  • Member For: 20y 4m 13d

What SCT have done has got to be illegal. They are artificially causing the scenario when I MUST upgrade to their latest product in order to use my box as intended. Yes it can still flash my car with the tunes in it, but it's no longer the TUNING box I purchased, which would otherwise be working today if not for them and their actions.

• Member For: 13y 10m 8d

SO IF WE HAVE A CAR WITH UPGRADED INJECTORS AND OUR 3 TUNE SLOTS ARE FILLED TO RUN A CAR WITH MODIFIED INJECTORS HOW DO WE FLASH BACK?????!!!!!

DOES SCT PAY FOR THE TUNERS TIME OR OUR TIME TO DO THERE CHANGE OVER???!!!!!

Nathen I think you need to read the thread a bit closer or read the instruction that you got with your XCAL1 when you brought it from your tuning shop.

Position "F" in your flash tuner is where yuor factory tune is kept so the XCAL1 knows that its for your car

Position "1,2,3" have your custom tunes in them

There is no reason to pull off your performance parts to flash tour back back to standard, as you dont need to start or drive the car.

Take 5 mins and ring your tuner and he will be able to clear this up for you...