icer

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 6d

Could always get a nizpro overboost valve.

beerchug.gif

I love the way when you put n I a p r o in it autocorrects spelling to nizpro. That's pretty cool.

When are you getting yours tuned? Is it ready for it and who's doing the work?

Edited by GR8XR6

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 8m 11d

its went to the shop today. I forgot to give my flashbox like a goose so express posted it today. Should be ready by weekend. No race tune as of yet. Waiting till tax time and go straight to the track.

• Member For: 16y 1m 26d

Mine doesnt run a blow off valve and hasnt for 3 years. Turbo still puffing away all ok. I think with this topic as you say,their is no 100% correct answer. Just what people have heard and their own experience. The turbo could of sh*t itself for any reason and someone will say it was cos no blowoff valve. At the end of the day,most have no problems what so ever without a psshhhhhh valve.

Guest Al@n
  • Guests

Hi all, there appears to be some evidence that a BOV is benefical to turbo longevity.Blowoff valves are used to prevent compressor surge, a phenomenon that readily occurs when lifting off the throttle of an unvented, turbocharged engine. When the throttle plate on a turbocharged engine closes, the high pressure air in the intake system is trapped by the throttle and a pressure wave is forced back into the compressor. The compressor wheel slows rapidly and may even stall, and the driver will notice a fluttering air sound. The rapid slowing or stalling stresses the turbo and imparts severe turbo lag if the driver accelerates immediately after the surge event. Cheers.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

If you don't have a blow-valve and your car is running on a treadmill it won't be able to take off :oops:

...unless you have a turbo timer installed.