What To Spend My Suspension $$$ On

mjadeb1984

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 20d

I'm a fan of the stock suspension

It's low enough to be sporty yet still comfortable

Even raising the spring rate will affect how your tyre contacts the ground especially on uneven surfaces

Lower/stiffer isn't always better

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2d

I'm sure I head someone say here or elsewhere recently that sway bar bushes (link and mount) are one of the most noticeable suspension upgrades you can make to a B series or FG. And cheap as heck!

I just did the front of my EL on the weekend (225k factory rubber sway bar bushes anyone?) and I'm stunned at the difference it has made. And because I'd already done the rear, balancing up the stiffness front and rear made a massive improvement to the rear too. Tempted to do the BA now too.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m
On 09/06/2016 at 4:15 PM, FGMKII said:

I have read (most) pages and haven't really found what I am looking for.

Having a track/weekend car with coilovers and a stiff suspension setup that is horrible on the road but great on the track and a stock FGMK2 turbo, they are worlds apart and it makes the Falcon kinda sh*t to enjoy.

Are there any issues people have come across by just changing the springs on a standard car? Does it increase wear on standard shocks and bushes etc? I'm not after the same performance as the track car by any means but I really hate rolling through any sort of bend if I want to give it a squirt. Is a simple spring upgrade going to be good enough? Not looking to go low, not after a jolting ride as it's my daily and I do enjoy the cruising comfort, is there a happy cost effective medium without spending $1K+ on changing shocks and bushes etc? 

You already upgraded the front swaybar?

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

Definitely throw a front swaybar at it then.  Couple hundred bucks at most, half if you find a used one and fit it yourself I'd wager.  Might be what you are after!

• Like 2

• Member For: 10y 3m 14d

I don't know a whole lot about suspension setups so what would an upgraded front sway bar do for the car? Would it promote any under steer? How would it help fix the body roll feeling turning into corners on these cars?