600Kw Stock Internals

darios typhoon

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 11d

low torque at the high rev range.... longer life motor no? Looks the goods. Will be goot to watch this thing powerslide all the way down the track :P

Just reading back through this thread and seeing the power and torque curves, the amount of power and torque at such low rpm just doesn't look right. Is the RPM actual or derived? There can be a huge difference. Not trying to take away anything from the car or tuner, Still an awesome result.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 22d

One thing you gentleman are forgetting is this car is an auto (Steph).............. Surely you are all aware that an automatic transmission and converter multiply and increase torque figures??????????? :dontknow::roflmbo:

As far as I am concerned the dyno sheet is spoton for a Hub........ :innocent::beerchug::stirthepot:

Your barking up the wrong tree :dontknow::beerchug:

Back OFF

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 4d

This was a brief for Jim to get the most out of the stock motor, knowing the motor won't last.

This is not a 98 tune, it is a hard E85 tune.

Jim often detunes how hard it (boost)comes in, as the car, even in stock form can be undrivable. My BF, tuned last week, is detuned, even with a larger than stock turbo, and I'm running the same modified convertor as Dario. I did not want it coming on too hard, as it can't be controlled on the street. Dario could not control it on the track.

The convertor makes a huge difference, as does E85, as does an intentionally aggressive tune.

Brian

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 11d

Oops, forgot about the fact that it was an E85 tune. That would answer my question. Thanks Brian.

One thing you gentleman are forgetting is this car is an auto (Steph).............. Surely you are all aware that an automatic transmission and converter multiply and increase torque figures??????????? dontknow.gifroflmbo.gif

As far as I am concerned the dyno sheet is spoton for a Hub........ innocent.gifbeerchug.gificon_ford.gif

Your barking up the wrong tree dontknow.gifbeerchug.gif

Back OFF

Perhaps you misunderstood what I was asking. I am not questionioning the total amount of torque or power being made. Rather, my query was about where it was being made or where it begins to be made RPM wise. It is a legit question. Wether it is due to ignorance, lack of knowlegde or oversight is another thing.

That tree is not one I'm barking up :)beerchug.gif

Edited by straughsberry

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 22d

Cheers Steph, just out of curiousity Bud, could you please explain to me how RPM can be derived on a hub dyno when the run is performed in 4th 1:1 ratio and not actual? :dontknow::beerchug::smoke:

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 22d

Full converter Lock Up on all forward gears in the ZF 6 spd? Not that the ZF has a perfect 1:1 ratio in it, but if it was so innacurate I don't think anyone would use a hub dyno :smoke: