EvilDaifu

Tyre Comparo - Which Ones Are Good?

Tell you what - can't believe what a difference the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics have made to the handling!!!

I am glad I have done it now and not waited any longer. Tab ya right - can't believe why I stayed on the Dunlop OEMs as long as I did. The grip is phenomenal.

Given the many recommendations by forum members I too have purchased 4 x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym - 245/40/R18 from

Tire Rack (http://www.tirerack.com/)...the total cost to my door (in Adelaide) was $966.55...they will be balanced

and fitted tomorrow for $50...given the best price I could get in Adelaide was $450 per tyre this is a significant

saving...I would definiately endorse Tire Rack...delivery time was less than 7 days...note the lack of credit card

payments was a minor inconvenince...if you prefer buying in Australia definately give Beaurepaires Box Hill a call

(see above for details)...they seemed like top blokes and provided the best price I could find...I hope this info

helps. :)

Hey Turbo6FG...the price mentioned was the cost in $US to my door...it included freight...$222.55...there was no GST or Duty...note that Duty *may* cut in if the purchased goods are greater than a certain amount...say $1,000...I am not sure what the rules are...hope that helps.

Edited by rwatkins

Melbourne really wet today - puddles like small lakes all over the roads :shocked: Thank goodness have new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics - world of difference to what I had on before :thumbsup:

Did the snowy cruise on the weekend just gone by and the tyres were fantastic - gripped like anything and we did alot alot of twisties :thumbsup: Hardly any tyre squeal as well but I possibly wasn't pushing it as hard as hard as the last snowy cruise I went on back in 2006. As Rudiger would know, I had a bit of brake fade and was struggling to keep up with him on the way home through Khancoban :shocked:

Edited by EvilDaifu

any1 know wher to get Nitto tyres in W.A .... or am I gonna have to import them from the U.S?

I miss the Asymetrics. I've had the Kuhmo 31's on for three thousand k's now. Their quite..............:stirthepot: Not even in the shadow of the Goodyears for grip. :stirthepot: And not really that much cheaper.

F 19x 245 x 35

R 19 x 275 x 30

They are good. I think as good as the equivelent Falkons. They're not up to the Asymetrics for mine though. the 31's are a good road only tire and seem to have a better life span than the Asy's. But if it was an equal price or even $100 bucks more a corner I would go the Asy's. Don't know if they were in short supply my last change over. The best quote I got on them was $150 more a corner and I was trying to be good and budget.

Krazy you can get them from Tech9 out in O'Connor however I would look at getting them from Wheelboyz in QLD or even obtaining a written quote then taking it into Tech9 to get it matched.

These are the quotes they gave me on the following, with postage being ~$120.

245/35/19 Nitto NT05 - $310

275/30/19 Nitto NT05 - $395

245/35/19 Nitto Invo - $320

275/30/19 Nitto Invo - $410

Edited by winstor

kool, thanks... im running 20's, but ill see how I go. want some 245/35/20 for the front. think ill just put the Kumho 31's on the rear... they get the occasional wastage, dont wanna put $1000 on the rear when some of it will left in marks on the road

Well after picking up my F6 and having a too many ridiculous moments in the wet (2nd and 3rd - trying to accellerate and just getting wheel spin), I ended up with a set of Goodyear F1 Asymetrics, landed in Australia from Tyrerack was 1,245 aussie for 235x35x19's add another $150 for fitting, balancing and wheel alignment total cost was $1400. Less the $1000 I sold the Dunlops for - change over price was $100 buck a corner. So far so good - will post back after a couple of 1000kms.

Cheers

James

I am about to wear out my second set of 17" Goodyear F1 Assymetricos.

Noise levels seem to be slightly lower than the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx which they replaced.

The Sports Maxx's in turn appeared to be quieter than the original factory fit Dunlop SP 3000's.

Regards,

aa

Well after picking up my F6 and having a too many ridiculous moments in the wet (2nd and 3rd - trying to accellerate and just getting wheel spin), I ended up with a set of Goodyear F1 Asymetrics, landed in Australia from Tyrerack was 1,245 aussie for 235x35x19's add another $150 for fitting, balancing and wheel alignment total cost was $1400. Less the $1000 I sold the Dunlops for - change over price was $100 buck a corner. So far so good - will post back after a couple of 1000kms.

Cheers

James

over a thousand bucks aussie did u cop duty?

Just put some Falken RT 615's 245/40/18's on the BF must say they have pretty much stopped my power sliding fun on the M5 entry ramps!

Got them for $172 each so awesome price too!

91e3U.jpg

Edited by Vevapower

Given the many recommendations by forum members I too have purchased 4 x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym - 245/40/R18 from

Tire Rack (http://www.tirerack.com/)...the total cost to my door (in Adelaide) was $966.55...they will be balanced

and fitted tomorrow for $50...given the best price I could get in Adelaide was $450 per tyre this is a significant

saving...I would definiately endorse Tire Rack...delivery time was less than 7 days...note the lack of credit card

payments was a minor inconvenince...if you prefer buying in Australia definately give Beaurepaires Box Hill a call

(see above for details)...they seemed like top blokes and provided the best price I could find...I hope this info

helps. :)

Brilliant thread..I have been to all tyre shops today for quotes on Goodyear Eagle F1's..$420-$500 was the given prices...When you go on tire rack website..I cannot get past the zip code thing to process order..I guess you have to email them to get shipping then?

Never even heard of the Accelera. Anyone ever tried them? Thoughts?

Been running Accelera Alpha tyres on my taxi since June 2010. Love 'em.

Went with them after reading the Wheels comparison article a couple of years ago.

Taxis generally run hard compound tyres so that they last longer. But just try and drive them on wet roads.

I don't own the car that I drive (ie I lease it) so wheels and tyres are the owner's responsibility. But I wanted good wheels and tyres so bought my own.

I have gone with BSA 291 17" rims because I like the look of them and they are the most practical. They are a skimpy five spoke rim so are the easiest to keep clean (ie wide open gaps instead of small, hard to reach corners). These rims also allow better brake cooling and mean that I can see the brake pads (ie replace them before they scratch the rotors).

With Accelera Alpha tyres the car is MUCH more predictable in ALL situations. I regularly deal with cats/dogs/foxes/rabbits/drunk dickheads running out in front of the car and can now brake without even requiring the ABS to kick in.

I've read good things about the Nexen N6000 tyres on one of the other Falcon forums so am tempted to try a set sometime, solely for the reason that the distributor for Accelera in Perth (YHI Australia) doesn't always have stock of the Acceleras, and when I need tyres I need them the same day (ie blowout/flat tyre replacement).

But, basically, I'm hooked on the Accelera. I've been paying $125 per tyre, fitted (ie $250/pair, $500/set). Heck, that's the same cost as standard 16" rubbish.

I don't know yet how many km a set will last because I'm having front camber problems and am wearing out the tyre insides prematurely. I'll be looking into a camber kit in the near future and negotiating the cost with the owner. I've just had the alignment done at WA Suspensions after learning that tyre shops don't know what they are doing with alignments on BF Falcons so will see how they wear before pursuing a camber kit.

But, for a cost vs grip/performance ratio, I am extremely pleased with these tyres. I paid for them out of my own pocket but the benefits mean that I have no regret doing so.

35115_410733885698_538215698_4431823_7199255_n.jpg

Hey Nechrpmar, you need to send Tire Rack an email to their sales email address (use Contact Us on their website). They'll take your order over email giving you a reference number possibly (I've not used them but sent them an email previously asking how to order from Australia) based on the website prices and you have to send them a money order from memory. Anyway a quick email should clear up the process for you. You must have been looking for larger than 17s because I only paid $225 a corner for F1 17's at Beauriepares in Box Hill VIC in late Sep 2010.

Yes all taken care of..With the dollar being so good...$185 each 245/40/18's+$225 postage..Total $965USD.Woah the exchange rate changed in 1 hour..Xe,com..said $947 last night..$953 before I left home..and Suncorp charged me $969...yet I check now and it says $958...Something not right there..Feel like I been bent over and digitally penetrated...haha

Anyway.With $30 for sending the money(note just need security token and I could have done it from my own computer)= $1000....Fingers crossed they be here by Friday :)

Sounds like a good deal there - please keep us posted on how it goes with your experience using Tire Rack for the rest of us :beerchug: