Tyre Comparo - Which Ones Are Good?

EvilDaifu

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 10d

Gary, I researched the Falkens and what I am told, others wil correct me, they give great grip but get noisy as they wear.

I had Dunlop SP Sport Max on my NA and they were great but wore so easily and I didnt drive it that hard.

I went for Yokahama S drives and they are very quiet but its not good when you just don't have confidence in the wet and they gave me no confidence.

I switched to Maxis MAZ1 and havent looked back.. Grippy, a little noiser but I went up to 19" when I changed so that accounts for a bit. Really happy with the,. I got them through a mate and they were 220 a corner I think.

But I would happily switch to the Falkens. Nice looking tyre and get great write ups here and there.

It s a very personal thing though tyres. What one says is crap may be great for your style of driving.

And in my humble opinion Gary, the way you drive that red thing (hard and fast, smoking brakes) you need all the grip you canget . lol

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 14d

Thanks mate but I hardly would say I drive it hard and fast with smoking brakes :stickpoke:

Yeah, just find the Dunlop Sport 3000s just a bit slippery in the wet in normal driving (especially lately around Melbourne). Interesting to note they may get a bit noisy as they wear on. Not sure yet whether noise is going to bother me or not.

Edited by EvilDaifu

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members

I dont like the 3000. Didn't like them in 17" or the 18" aspect. So your not the lone ranger there.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 14d

Can someone tell me where the tread wear indicators are on the Ford stock tyres Dunlop Sport 3000s? I am wondering if my tyres need changing now rather than wait because there are little indents on the side and they are getting close to worn level. Looks like plenty of tread left to me though. (by the way feel free to say - "yeah, when they look bald" :buttonit: ) But there must be some sort of indicator?

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members

If ya look in the tread channel you will see little ribs off rubber. these are usually 3mm. If they are level with the outside of the channel/groove, legally its time for new wubber.

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 2d

Yeah, the Falkins are a 'little' louder then the SP Sports Maxx...

But its not like I still cant hear the purrrr of the exhaust, or even the sound of a fart! Plus at the end of the day, rattles, road noise... who cares - isnt that why there is a CD player? :shocked:

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members

The other way of telling Gary is the border of a bankcard but seeing as no one has them anymore, you are pretty much stuffed there.

Amixky, you are too right buddy. How do you fix a rattle? Turn the radio up lol

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 15d

Running 19" 305 Nitto Invo's on my Ute and loving them. Highly recommend these if you can get them. From the heap of other that as been on this Ute and others nothing comes near them. Have not tryed the Toyo R888.

• Member For: 18y 11m 17d

I'm never buying nexen N3000s again...feels like my car is skating on ice lol, plant my foot in 1,2 or 3rd on a straight and it kicks sideways, makes my car feel slow as sh**.

What would be the best value and tyres that actually have grip for my T running 342rwkw, my rim sizes are 18x8.5fr and 18x9.5 rear?? currently use nexen n3000 225s front and 275s rear. would kumho be the go?? I dont really want to pay $300+ per corner.

I'm running the same tyres Lynchy, but on the street tune. They're great clutch and drive train savers LOL, great around town if you're into drifting, but yeh once on the track tune umm well, yeh nothing there even in 5th. Ya gotta pay to play unfortunately so I just take it easy now. Bl00dy nanny state!