Tyre Comparo - Which Ones Are Good?

EvilDaifu

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

Tell you what - can't believe what a difference the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics have made to the handling!!!

I am glad I have done it now and not waited any longer. Tab ya right - can't believe why I stayed on the Dunlop OEMs as long as I did. The grip is phenomenal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 7m 5d

Given the many recommendations by forum members I too have purchased 4 x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asym - 245/40/R18 from

Tire Rack (http://www.tirerack.com/)...the total cost to my door (in Adelaide) was $966.55...they will be balanced

and fitted tomorrow for $50...given the best price I could get in Adelaide was $450 per tyre this is a significant

saving...I would definiately endorse Tire Rack...delivery time was less than 7 days...note the lack of credit card

payments was a minor inconvenince...if you prefer buying in Australia definately give Beaurepaires Box Hill a call

(see above for details)...they seemed like top blokes and provided the best price I could find...I hope this info

helps. :)

• Member For: 14y 7m 5d

Hey Turbo6FG...the price mentioned was the cost in $US to my door...it included freight...$222.55...there was no GST or Duty...note that Duty *may* cut in if the purchased goods are greater than a certain amount...say $1,000...I am not sure what the rules are...hope that helps.

Edited by rwatkins

• 2 weeks later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Melbourne really wet today - puddles like small lakes all over the roads :shocked: Thank goodness have new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics - world of difference to what I had on before :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Did the snowy cruise on the weekend just gone by and the tyres were fantastic - gripped like anything and we did alot alot of twisties :thumbsup: Hardly any tyre squeal as well but I possibly wasn't pushing it as hard as hard as the last snowy cruise I went on back in 2006. As Rudiger would know, I had a bit of brake fade and was struggling to keep up with him on the way home through Khancoban :shocked:

Edited by EvilDaifu

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d

any1 know wher to get Nitto tyres in W.A .... or am I gonna have to import them from the U.S?

Guest XR09
  • Guests

I miss the Asymetrics. I've had the Kuhmo 31's on for three thousand k's now. Their quite..............:stirthepot: Not even in the shadow of the Goodyears for grip. :stirthepot: And not really that much cheaper.