Tyre Comparo - Which Ones Are Good?

EvilDaifu

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 11d

aaahhh just read the review...

Interesting to see that 4 of the tires are from the same company...

Sumitomo:

Sumitomo, Falkin, Dunlop, Goodyear!... Man this world is becoming oh so insestural...

:spit:

BTW - the Falkin FK I was told is a copy of the SP Sports MAXX and Durezza... interesting that it outrated the Dunlops... YET AGAIN!!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 12d

+1 for Falken 452, but for anyone thinking about geting falkens make sure you get the 452 and not some other ones as they have some real crappy ones too.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 2d

I agree!!

Second that.

Just got a set and they are easily equal to or better than the OE Sport Maxx. So make excellent value for money.

Although I was told that it was only the 19's in FPV size that were really good. Which seems to ring true as a mate got the same Z1's in 18's and he says they are grippy, but seem to have softer sidewalls.

I remember one of the mag's doing a tyre test a few years back that included a 17" Z1, and it rated pretty highly.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

That's interesting that the Falkens are from the same Sumitumo company - didn't know that. Even though the dollar has fluctuated a lot since 2008, I eventually found a place in Melbourne that would do the Falken FK 452s for $220 a corner. LOL first place I went to they wanted to charge me $265, 2nd place quoted $245. My Dunlops are still in pretty good condition - think plenty of tread because hardly driven the car (well it is my toy) since I bought it almost a year ago so whatever passed the roadworthy is still there basically. LOL after reading this thread - do you think anybody would be interested in the Dunlops if I changed out to Falkens? I more than likely will probably just leave the Dunlops with the tyre place - unless anybody else has other suggestions? By the way, I have not decided yet - but for $880 including fit and balance - seems like a good thing to me.

Apart from the perceived improved safety I think I would be getting - just sick of the spinning the wheels at the lights when it's wet - and I'm stock !!! From what I read and hear on this thread - the Falkens will provide way more grip.

Edited by EvilDaifu