Which Canopy?

Verve

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7d

So I am after a canopy for my FG Ute.

So I have found that Carryboy Flexiglass and ARB sell canopies.

Which is the best one?

Basically I need to carry a Kayak on the roof and my dog in the back. And Tools and stuff when I go racing.

The Carryboy looks like the best option with the roof rails.

What have people used with success? And what do these things cost?

Cheers

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

So I have more details:

The new Flexiglass Smooth Canopy for the FG is more expensive than the Carryboy if you need the optional roof racks.

So the Carryboy looks like it will cost $3560 plus $380 for the Pet Mesh Screens fitted.

I also like the Side Windows and locking mechanisms better on the Carryboy better than the Flexiglass. Although the Flexiglass Canopy shape looks nicer.

I think I will go for the Carryboy, but a just under $4k I am wondering whether I really need it.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members

I ended up ordering the flexiglass and should have it fitted this week.

I couldn't justify the extra grand for the carryboy. And I couldn't get a discount.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members

So after three months I finally have a Flexiglass Canopy fitted to my Ford FG ute.

What an absolute disaster!!!!

The first canopy turned up later than advised and was fitted and then removed by the installers.. They took it off as the paint work was poor. This was sent back and another was ordered.

Another 2-3 weeks later the second one came in and suffered the same issues. It was rejected as well and sent back and I asked for my money back.

I got a call the next day from my local installer saying that Flexiglass was all embarrassed and wants to make good. Basically, they would supply a new "perfect" canopy at a reduced cost. I thought hopefully third time lucky...

Well I took it up and the far from perfect canopy was fitted on Friday. It looks great but the quality, fit and finish is still very poor. I even have my first gel-coat crack after one day.

My installer was fantastic in dealing with me, unfortunately they were supplied a substandard product.

Flexiglass tried to make good, but I am still not happy, I just hope they work to improve the quality of their product in the future. Its a great design and looks good but.....

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1d

So do you think the ARB would have the same issues being a very similar product? Or is it just Flexiglass's sh*t workmanship.

• 3 months later...
  • Donating Members

Just had another replacement canopy fitted. I was hoping it would be 5th time lucky.

Unfortunately, the quality of the finish it still poor.

If you are thinking of a Flexiglass Canopy for your FG Falcon Ute.... caveat emptor.

• Member For: 15y 6m 10d

so which one did u end up getting? and does anyone know if a bf canopy will fit a fg?

Hi. The AU/BA/BF/FG canopy's are all the same from carryboy but the FG has a different fitting kit as it needs a deeper seal across the top of the front bulkhead. Cheers MD