Hi All, Im New To This Forum

• Member For: 13y 10m 25d

Hi all, I am fairly new to this forum and especially the Ford XR6 Turbo. I took ownership of mine about 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love it!! Its a 2007 BF MkII XR6 Turbo in Ego with the ZF 6 speed. The car itself had everything that could be added to it at the time of buying it so its got full leather interior, duel zone climate control, electric pedal adjustments, sunroof, stripes package, premium sound system, 18' Mags with Toyo Proxy's all round. And window tinting. I may haved missed some stuff....My previous car was an EF XR6, so getting used to this car has been my main concern as the car itself is very different including the power :-P. I have already done a couple of things to it but nothing huge at the moment. Ive bought a SS Inductions Growler CAI ($399 is what I paid :-P) and a Turbosmart Kompact Plumb-Back BOV. Just these 2 items alone has made the car an awesome experience to drive, but I do have alot more on my list for future plans. Here are a couple of pics.

Thanks,

Andrew

post-40293-127397029591_thumb.jpg

post-40293-127397040433_thumb.jpg

post-40293-127397058901_thumb.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks mate, yeah later on this year (towards x-mas) I plan to get the car re-tuned as I will will be adding an aftermarket intercooler, 4' dump pipe and a new Cat converter. Still debating whether or not to get a new cat back exhaust system too, I was looking at a X-Force duel 2.5' or the single 3.5' but I was also looking into getting a Mach 1 exhaust system, as I can get a stainless steel cat back system for under $1000 fitted. and they have a pretty good exhaust note ive been told.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d

:bowdown: the forum.

Best bet before you start asking questions is to have a read through the many threads on first time mods to the T.

You may have made a mistake with the Growler, as they have been shown to make stuff all difference in comparison to the 2ND CAI, but this is what this place is for, to find out before you spend you hard earned.

Yeah, given I haven't actually done before after dyno runs, the Difference between the stock intake and the Growler one WAS definitely noticeable. I was driving the car around for about a week or so before I had it put on and it had some induction noise but not alot. But after installing the Growler, throttle response was increased quite noticeably and the noise is absolutely awesome! I haven't had any second thoughts on spending $399 on it. But im sure other people have different opinions on it..

Thanks for the replies :-P

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 6d

I'm with ZAP on this one. Had one and removed it after it fell apart and better options for intake for the money. Be careful not doing too many mods without a tune. Save your pennies, get the parts, install them and get a tune asap.

Otherwise 3gears.gif could turn your car to pooh.gif

Welcome. Growler kit IMO waste of money. Speak to rapid about his V3 rapid kit and your other planned mods tune it and you have a mild beast. Love it. Also don't forget surge tank if you are gunna push this car. Protect your engine!

beerchug.gif

Edited by GR8XR6

Yeah I plan to do everything at once including the re tune. Most likely going the intercooler upgrade and dump pipe upgrade then a re-tune to get it all running sweet. im not after huge killerwasps but something that still makes it stand out from the crowd. I don't plan on changing the intake again lol not spending another $200-400 haha, im happy with what I got.

Thanks all for the replies thou, not sure where to take my car to get tuned and stuff either especially as the turbo scene is new to me. Their is a couple of places in SA that are good tuners for the XR6 T like KPM motor-sport, and a couple of others...but for now its time to get used to the car first :-P

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 6d

Welcome and enjoy your ride. 3gears.gif

The mod bug will hit and the 10's of thousands later you go. Mmm now I might upgrade and do it all again. LOL

beerchug.gif