Dsc And Abs Fault

Pete A

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

Yeah LEDs will certainly fck things up if there's no resistance in the brake light circuit as quite a few systems rely on it. Cruise control probably wouldn't work as well because of it.

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

Pat, have a look in the Vic section, cruise section under the Alpine cruise thread. Rusty Adam and I did a recky for a upcoming cruise and he got a flat. So we put my full size 18" and well the fun started. His is an FG though. But worth a read if your interested mate.

• Like 1

• 10 years later...
  • Member For: 2y 4m 3d

Hey guys. 
so I had the ABS and DSC fault come up while I was driving the other day. So I replaced my brake switch (knowing that’s a common problem and fix) and the warnings are still coming up. What should I do next? 
cheers legends 

• 1 year later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

Not sure if someone in the know can help on this.  My right rear brake light failed.  Been meaning to replace the globe.  FG F6 2010.  But driving at night (so lights on last night) I got DSC error on dash and traction control TC light came up on dash. Checked when I got home and now both sides rear brakes lights don't come on.  But the rear window light still works when I push the brake pedal.  Do you think it's still the Brake Switch Indicator that needs replacing or the fact I may have 2 rear brake globes blown that's the problem?  I don't think they are LEDs as I've not changed them since owning.  Not sure if previous owner changed them to LEDs but I suspect not.  So could 2 blown rear brake globes cause the DSC error and TC light to come on or you think it's still the Brake Indicator Switch still.  Looks like it has enough wires to it that maybe the 2 wires connected to the rear tail brakes is broken and the rear window light may still work ... 🧐

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Not many people change the brake lights to LED. Just replace the globes and see if it fixes the fault and if it blows globes again take it to an auto-elec.

• Thanks 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

Well, I think you deserve :beerchug: k31th!  Thank you.

Just needed 8mm spanner and this $7 pack of 12V 21/5W bayonet stop / tail lights from Repco (actually less with RACV membership)

MgcBRSZ.jpeg

Replaced both blown globes and the DSC error and TC lights went away.  Didn't have to touch the Brake Switch Indicator thank goodness (that would have cost a bit more and for me await for Ford to open).  Goes to show how sensitive our Ford's are to these sort of things, that 2 stop/tail globes blown would cause DSC and TC errors to pop up :roflmbo:

But I also know why the bloke in this vid below had his gf do the job, her hands were smaller :happyfriends:

I didn't escape without any cuts, the metal inside the boot under the boot mat material is still bloody sharp in some places ... :verysad:

Hope this helps others though, as our cars age these sort of things are going to keep cropping up :thumbsup: