Fg Security

PAH

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 4d

Hi Guys,

How good are the standard anti theft systems in the FG XR6T?

I know - if they want it they will get it. The anti theft system is unlikely to stop car jacking and theft of the car with the key. Where do we store the spare keys for our cars? Bunnings sells small safes for around $40.

Has anybody had an FG that did not involve any of the above theft methods? Is there a need for aftermarket security?

PAH

• Member For: 15y 5m 19d

The security is pretty good unless they have your keys which is where a coded immobiliser comes in. I had one in my old car which was great and saved it from theft when a holiday unit was broken into while we slept. Along with everything else my keys taken, however couldn't start the car as they didn't know the code. I still have it as I removed it before selling but it doesn't work with the CANBUS electrical system in fords. The one in the link will work with CANBUS system.

coded immobiliser

Guest XR09
  • Guests

It can be a nightmare loosing your keys. I lost my Calais keys and the car was useless. I could get around needing th key to start it. But I could only get it to run for about 20 min before the ecu security cut in and stopped it.

Lesson learnt is to not be in such a rush to get in the surf. Most key places will get your code off your keys now while they are in order working for nothing. It really is worth doing. Then you can have the code on your phone, laptop a few places and loosing your keys is just 100 buck problem not a nightmare.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 4d

Thanks Guys,

I started to panic a tad after I read about the guy who lost his ute. I thought my FG had deadlocking. That's not the case if you can break the window and release the locking mechanism using the inside door handle. I'd prefer the Late model camira locking systems thanks very much Mr Ford.

The code pad sounds like a good idea. Either that or sleep with the key in your jocks when you're in a motel room.

PAH

In your jocks :spoton: I'd prefer they take the car.... f*ck this forum has some weird ass emoticons. Yeah I used to love the deadlock on the commo, great for locking the kids in the car when you go to play the pokies!

• Throbbing Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 18d

Put an alarm on it lol, after getting the ute stolen I wouldn't wish that feeling upon anyone.Next car I get is getting an alarm straight away...

Put an alarm on it

No-one except you cares about your car alarm going off, yours was taken from your driveway? So it would've helped.

I said how the holiday unit was broken into... after 20 seconds with no code put in the alarm went off - which was :stirthepot: loud! So at 3am 2 different people in the hotel rang management complaining about my alarm going off in the basement, do you think anyone went to look why it was going off? Of course not. So it wasn't until 8am when we got up that we realised that all our sh*t (laptops, phones, cash) was gone. My car keys an my mums were gone too. My car was still there, my mums brand new peugeot wasn't, found my keys ditched in a garden. Coded immobiliser is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.

Man haven't seen Planes trains and Automobiles in ages - will have to watch it again...