Ford 50Th Anniversary Falcons

Duffman

• Member For: 14y 16d

I understand it's not really a celebration for Ford Performance Vehicles, but it's a good opportunity to something with a GTHO. Wishful thinking, I know.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 30d

Not a fan of the rendering of the 50th Anniversary XR6. The wheels, badging and stripe do nothing for me...look like serious after-thoughts.

Who would've thought that 2 years after a car is launched adding some wheels, body stripes and badges look like after-thoughts?

Ford isn't just going to pull some magically different model out of their arse halfway through a model cycle. As it is they're flat out with the upcoming territory and falcon facelifts anyway. This is not sit around on a computer and hack something together guys - this stuff takes years (real changes that is).

Guest XR09
  • Guests

icon_ford.gifwithstupid.gif

We deserve more !!!!

Ford is on the Nanny state thing. They will give us what they want when they want too.

Just shut up and don't annoy them.......roflmbo.gif

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 1m 28d

I've got an idea. For the Falcon's 50th, why not seriously flog the crap out of the dealers and pull them into line? If Lexus can have brilliant dealer service, why not Ford?

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 1m 28d

Who would've thought that 2 years after a car is launched adding some wheels, body stripes and badges look like after-thoughts?

Ford isn't just going to pull some magically different model out of their arse halfway through a model cycle. As it is they're flat out with the upcoming territory and falcon facelifts anyway. This is not sit around on a computer and hack something together guys - this stuff takes years (real changes that is).

True, but Ford have known since 1960 that its 50th was in 2010.... its not hard to plan ahead and create something with a little more flair. A one-off hero model like the coupe could have been created years ago just for this birthday. Expensive Daewoo created the monaro with a bunch of guys putting in some extra hours. It can be done, Ford have missed the opportunity again.

• Member For: 14y 7m 3d

As soon as I saw the color I immediately went yup that's tiger mica, but after bunnas comments will wait till I see one if the flesh before passing wind.

Considering they will be released in a limited amount, I think it'll be worth a look depending on what they are sell for??

The Xr6T gets a few extra upgrades that GE6 has, so that would almost start to make it like FPVs' F6E would it not?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 30d

True, but Ford have known since 1960 that its 50th was in 2010.... its not hard to plan ahead and create something with a little more flair. A one-off hero model like the coupe could have been created years ago just for this birthday. Expensive Daewoo created the monaro with a bunch of guys putting in some extra hours. It can be done, Ford have missed the opportunity again.

To be clear, I would love nothing more than for Ford to rip out something awesome for this birthday, and a lot of guys would agree. However, what I can't really explain is the circumstances behind where things stand at the moment. All those "extra hours" have been happening, and then some! but they're not going into this, they're going into other efforts. There just isn't the resource to do it!

If the Late model camira lasts another 20 odd years see what they do (if it lasts another 2).