Which Spark Plugs Are Better?

dexter morgan

• Member For: 13y 11m 29d

Does anybody know which plugs are better for my BA 04 XR6T? the Bosch F1-6 platinum iridium or the NGK iridium BKR6EIX? Should I just get the stock factory Ford plugs (AGSP22Z11)? Does anybody know which plugs will work the best in my BA XR6T 04??The bosch F1-6 platinum plugs have 4 prongs around the electrode so they do look different.I can also use the cheaper NGK plugs FR6EI-11 if there are better but I dont think so as the are very cheap.

Edited by dexter morgan

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 28d

Re-gap the factory plugs to .80 if running high boost.

dont bother with trick iridium, platinum, 24crt gold, titanium watever. The factory plugs work best in these cars.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 1d

The four electrode ones are really good in the sense that it gives it 4 options on where to jump the gap. You would find 4 electrode ones normally in aircraft engines, and many racing motoX bikes run 2 electrodes and the difference in the MX bike between 1 and 2 can be quite significant.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m

I use the Ford factory ones in mine...but mines stock standard...from memory the ones I got for my BF were already pregapped at .80....actually the Motorcraft ones are made by Denso which is a Japanese company...from what I have heard Denso are used on allot of factory turbo cars like the WRX...

• Member For: 16y 11m 25d

At 19,000km's I changed my plugs to NGK IRIDIUMS Part Number FR6EI-11. I set them to .8mm.

Done now just on 38,000km's.

The first thing I noticed was the fuel consumption. The car uses about .5 to .6 litres less fuel per 100km's on the highway.

Got them from Ebay. Ford BA Falcon XR6T XR6 Turbo NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

Including postage about $13.56 per plug.

Item Description:

Set Of 6 New NGK Laser Iriduim Plugs To Suit Ford BA Falcon XR6 Turbo models 10/02 - 10/05 with the DOHC VCT Turbo Barra 240T motor. NGK Part Number FR6EI-11.

2002 Ford Falcon|2003 Ford Falcon|2004 Ford Falcon|2005 Ford Falcon|2002 Ford Territory|2003 Ford Territory|2004 Ford Territory|2005 Ford Territory|2006 Ford Territory|2007 Ford Territory|02 03 04 05 06

Fitment Notes:

Direct Replacement For Original Plugs

Modified or Tuned Motors May Require a Different Plug. These Are Recommended For A Standard Turbo Motor.

Edited by f-wolf