How To Install Boost Guage

• Member For: 15y 2m 22d

Put a T piece in the vac line that runs to your BOV, run the boost line into the cabin to where you want to mount your gauge. Make sure you zip tie it neatly so it can't fall on anything hot or rub against anything sharp.

Splice into the wires on the back of the TC control switch for illumination.

Black wire is Earth.

Blue wire with red stripe is connected to the light illumination wire of the gauge.

Blue wire with white stripe is connected to the dimmer wire of the gauge.

If you're in Brisbane, I'm happy to help you install it over a weekend.

Cheers,

Ben

Edited by BensXR6T

What type of gauge is it?

Power wire is normally only for illumination, if so connect it to the blue wire with red stripe.

Should have three wires, power (for illumination), black and either blue or white for dimming normally

Edited by BensXR6T

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 15d

I had a mate wire mine into the cigarette lighter, it doesn't match up with the dimmer. So I'm doing this next weekend too, that and wiring the oil pressure guage too.

• Member For: 13y 11m 8d

What type of gauge is it?

Power wire is normally only for illumination, if so connect it to the blue wire with red stripe.

Should have three wires, power (for illumination), black and either blue or white for dimming normally

its a calibre 52mm boost pressure gauge, got it from Supercheap. m thinking about getting the ford boost gauge that fits ontop of the dash with the clock, I think its a twin pod mount to hold 2 gauges. I have the single clock gauge to install there but want a boost gauge also. I thought the power wire was for the boost gauge to work? The Calibre boost gauge I got has a white wire for 12v,black wire ground and orange wire dash lighting, the instructions say white wire 12v ignition switch,black wire vehicle ground and orange wire 12v dash lighting.

OK, same gauge as mine ... it's a mechanical type and doesn't require any power at all to operate.

If you hook the 12V to the ignition, the lights on the gauge will always be on ... if you hook it to the cars lighting circuit, it will only light when the lights are on. You then use the other wire to hook into the dimmer circuit, not necessary, but it's a nice feature to have your gauges dim at the same level as your dash.

I had to install a resistor inline with the 12V that I used to connect the illumination cos the LED's that are in the cobalt gauge are brighter then the ford LED's in the dash, can't remember what size I used, but used a potentiometer to get the right brightness level then used a multimeter to measure the resistance I had the pot' set to determine the correct resistor to use. This is best done in a dark garage or at night.

Good luck and make sure you use solder for your joins and heat shrink to insulate them to avoid future problems :spoton:

Cheers,

Ben