Are Stockish Ba Xr6T 4 Speed Autos Always Sluggish From 0-40 Kph?

bluesmuso

• Member For: 16y 7m 29d

My car is almost stock with F6 intake, K&N panel filter,stage one 10 psi custom tune 244 rwkw’s which I would assume is about 290-300 kw’s at the engine, it is quite fast but only after 40 kph, from 0-40 kph a manual Toyota corolla would get ahead and most other cars can to, roll on acceleration is another story, not much can match these midrange torque monsters, above 40 kph it just takes off as if a brake has been released then chirps into second sometimes.

I know it is only 40 kph but with a speed limit of 60 kph it is difficult out accelerating traffic legally (eg you want to get ahead to do a lane change as they merge but don’t want to exceed the speed limit) anything above 40 kph and my car takes off. I’d love to sort out that dead 0-40 flat spot without either stalling it up which is bad for the car or resorting to a hi stall torque converter which I’d rather avoid since it's a daily driver family car.

It is virtually dead gutless until 40 kph (the other side of the lights)I do realise that if the turbo isn't spinning it can be worse than a NA car.

Is it in the tune or does boost generally only come on around the 2000-2500rpm mark? I also realise that it is a heavy car so expecting it to launch like a funny car is unrealistic.

I once saw an F6 Typhoon take off sideways with minimal revs without stalling it up, but he probably had 350 rwkw’s :roflmbo: any tips would be appreciated

Edited by bluesmuso

• Talks Cheap, Let's Race
  • Member For: 17y 5m 5d

sounds like a tuning problem, mine is real quik straight off the mark and I only have the f6 intake and k&n panel filter with stock tune. just got it back today from the tuners and it is a real rocket now, pulls even harder and wants to break traction from standstill.

phantom xr6t, what's yours like at midrange and top end? Mine is mental at mid and top end and can put you sideways between 1st and 2nd gear changes on dry road unless you are driving perfectly straight but so piss poor off the mark it's embarassing, what tune have you had 10 psi ,generic ,custom,what rwkw's?

cheers for the reply, the fact that your car is trying to break traction sounds like you are right on with your tune. I just got back from the shops and mine is pretty lifeless until above 2,500 rpm.

phantom I'm assuming yours is a 4 speed auto? As a manual will launch quicker (well quicker than mine anyway) albeit with excessive wheel spin, what a pity you cant have the turbo spooled right up at idle :dontknow:

I have heard that autos (even 4 speed btr) can launch as quick or quicker than a manual if set up well.

I've actually got a video of mine's 0-100 attempt which really shows the 0-40 ish dead spot but it's MP4 format and over 4 mbs in size so I dont think I can post it on here, I should youtube it and post the link, then someone here could see it and say "that's normal" or "there is something not right there."

Edited by bluesmuso