Boot Holes After Spoiler Removed

XR6TCamo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11d

I was planning later down the track to remove the spoiler but I am still unsure of the holes and I want it to look clean so I was just wondering what other ppl have done such as holes filled over and what prices would be, also has anyone just grabbed another boot from another xr6 that came with no spoiler from factory? I thought maybe that could be a option aswell??

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 23d

You can plug them with grommets and it looks like a cats nipples or keep an eye for a non spoiler boot lid in the for sale section they do crop up every now and then for reasonable money.

You need to sort out a Centre High Mount Stop Light ( chmsl) for the rear window in case some pain in the arse cop picks you for it.

• Donating Members

I`ve seen bootlids come up quite cheaply, even one with a spoiler you could get filled and painted and keep your original. But panels that are just sitting around tend to get the crap scratched out of them and dents.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Take it off and just tape it up for a few days. Just to make sure you want it without a spoiler. I thought I did. But after a couple of days I really thought nah. It needs something. It's too taxi without some kind of kicker.

• Donating Members

It looks tuff.

But my car`s a Typhoon, they have a wing. if I had different wheels and stuff, yeah maybe. I have argents ( GS wheels Norm calls `em ) I like it the way it are.

XR6T is a clean slate, you can do whatever the hell you want.

XR09`s idea is a very valid one, give a burl first.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11d

Yer well I am pritty much dumping it on SSL's on the rear and SL's on the front with 19" GTP rims so I think it will look pritty sweet without the spoiler plus if you look on the main page in the gallery there is a mecury silver xr6t exactly how mine is going to look :turboboink:

• Loves boost
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 27d

so many people have told me to take mine off too, but I can't be bothered getting the holes patched up. I can't get a XT rapid boot lid as they don't come in that colour.

Id do what XR09 said and just test it out and tape the holes up, the DRJ bob tail fills the original holes I was thinking about getting one of those.