Fg Seat Belt Alarm

• Member For: 14y 1m 3d

Yes this issue has been discussed in other posts and on other forums that carry off on different issues and yes I have read them.

What I would like to know is has anyone had theirs successfully disabled, was this done by a dealer and if not what was the method?

It is a pesky "feature" (and I use the term feature very loosely) that most would like disabled, and it should have been selectable as it was with the B series.

I tried every dealer in South Australia and most said it "cant" be disabled or that "they" cant disable them.

And yes I wear a seatbelt at all times.

Funny this "feature" didnt pickup last week that my 3 year old didnt have her booster seat harness on, she had to tell her idiot forgetful dad when we were 2 minutes down the road.........then it would have been useful but given kids are in those seats until puberty now, the "feature" is of even less use.....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 15y 10m 1d

That's a pretty awsome sequence millers. :3gears:

Excuse my laughter.

I have an FG workshop manual with a separate folder of information from a Ford technician's training session before the FG was released. In that training session manual there was a procedure to disable the seat belt warning chime, and it was nothing like what you've suggested.

It stated that it was possible to disable the seatbelt warning chime by cycling the ignition key nine times.

That's it.

I havn't tried it yet, but that's what is written in black and white in that manual.

ps. What's an e-brake?

Edited by PHANTMXR6

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 13d
The pressure switch in the seat won't know the difference between an adult and a child. All it will tell the system is that someone, or something, is on the seat. It's not that smart of a car.

There is another sensor in the seat for the airbags - its for the seat position. It tells the car whether the seat is in a forward or back position on the rails, depending on the position the airbag will deploy faster or slightly slower...

Guest XR09
  • Guests

The 9 cycle works in the FG, but you have to do it every time you take the keys out of the ignition, which is a pain.

Not sure what it also affects as it left a few warning lights on the dash on when I did it. Seat belt, air bag and a few other colours.

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d

if its for ba/f

get in the car put the drivers seatbelt on

place and hold the hazard light switch on.

put the key in the ignition and turn it to the "reds" but dont start the car.

Unplug the seatbelt and then plug it back in

now release the hazard switch and you should see the seatbelt reminder light flash a few times.

• Member For: 14y 1m 3d

Yes this issue has been discussed in other posts that carry off on different issues and yes I have read them.

What I would like to know is has anyone had theirs successfully disabled, was this done by a dealer and if not what was the method?

It is a pesky "feature" (and I use the term feature very loosely) that most would like disabled, and it should have been selectable as it was with the B series.

I tried every dealer in South Australia and most said it "cant" be disabled or that "they" cant disable them.

IMPORTANT------Yes I wear a seatbelt at all times, except in my LONG driveway. If you share the opinion of some who think its a great feature and anyone who wants it disabled is threatening society (and no doubt the kind of people who think speed and red light cameras make the roads safer by distracting people from the traffic and road obstacles they should be paying attention too rather than a speedometer), please keep your opinions to yourself ........and try providing something helpful or just dont comment.

Agreed it is an annoying 'feature' as you say, I too always wear my belt on public roads, on some sites I have to drive around you are not allowed to wear seatbelts, as it may restrict your ability to get out in a hurry, so the noise is really irritating, I have taken to doing the belt up and sitting on top of it, which is less comfortable, but also less irritating too. so if anyone knows how to disable it, it would be good to know!

• Member For: 15y 8m 8d

Yes, my (Vic) dealer kindly disabled mine for me at the first inspection. Similar situation, I would drive from the carpark at the rear of work, to the front gate, stop, get out and lock the gate, etc. What amazed me was that even once the vehicle had stopped, I put it in Park and opened the door to get out to lock the gate it would continue to keep dinging away until the belt was fastened.

The belt warning light still comes on but no audible alarm.