Rough Acceleration At High Revs

dan(nthqld)

• Member For: 15y 1m 13d

driving it home tonight, temp was cooler then normal. car went like nothing was wrong at all, apart from the loud turbo spooling (which I think is do do with the piping, will look at it on weekend). No power loss watsoever. So wat could make the car lose power on hot days, but wen cool not affect it at all. Could this be coil packs?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

You will notice a big difference in performance up here when it is cool compared to hot. Wait until cold winter nights and you'll hear it spool alot quicker.

Your problem is strange though as it is standard. I've never had a cat fail so cant say what the symptoms are but have found with either coil or plug problems the engine missfires under load.

Maybe you need to put it on a dyno to check fuel pressure and see what boost and afr it has. Could be a lack of fuel pressure?

Who was the mechanic you took it to? Ford are useless fcks up here that why I never bothered with them except for my free replacement tyres...

• Member For: 15y 1m 13d

Na I take it to honeycombs, their audi service centre (where I bought the car). I am taking it to a mates on sat, hes got a sniffer for afr readings so I can check my fuel pump, gonna change fuel filter aswell. Give the cat a kick to see if it rattles lol

• 2 months later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 1d

Hey Guys,

I am having the same problem with my 03 xr6t. I have put new plugs, new coils and new fuel filter. Car idles alot smoother now but loses power between 3000-4000rpm if anyone has any other ideas that would be great. Cheers.

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 8m 5d

exactly the same thing happened to my car, took it to a few mechanics and no one could find a fault apart from o2 sensor, finally took it to dyna-mite perfomance in melb they regapped plugs and tested coil packs everything was fine, but they couldnt find the problem. then I took them for a drive and showed them what it was doing and they dyno'd it and tested it, it turned out to be the fuel pump.

They put a hi-volume fuel pump in it and havent had a problem since.

My car was stock as a rock, nothing done to it. I'd say a hi volume fuel pump will be the answer to your problems

• Member For: 19y 4m 16d

Guys

Had exact same problem after my son had car on a country run.

I would have sworn that he had blown the turbo unit. Pulled everything apart - pipes, turbo, actuator, wastegate etc.. but no problems at all !!

Symtoms were only evident under hard acceleration - would even build boost and go only when throttle applied progressively!

It suddenly dawned on me that it was the same style of problem as plugs playing up but in a NA - but no miss fire - that is until under heavy boost!!!

I switched plugs and all problems magically disappeared - a veritable miracle!

I thought I should be cannonised and be known as Saint DaKing !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 1m 16d

Hey Peoples,.. I too have this problem in my 05 BA MK II 6 speed Manual (stock apart from a ss inductions air intake and K & N Air filter), checked all hoses replaced s&*t clamps rechecked everything, tried blocking off the BOV same thing put BOV back together, did the boost solenoid, did everything. have noticed that its exhaust fumes are strong and before this noise came about every time ya would put ya foot down and then stop it would smell like sulphur or burning matches, collapsed cat maybe? ill check the plugs and coil packs tomorrow. do I just take the cat off to check if it is farooed..also boost gauge reads 5psi, ( im sure it ust to read 8 on my old gauge, maybe just a crap gauge haha) ,on full boost but I could run faster in gumboots so huge loss of power,.. there is no put ya back in the seat.

any other suggestions

cheers Guys

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 4d

Hey Peoples,.. I too have this problem in my 05 BA MK II 6 speed Manual (stock apart from a ss inductions air intake and K & N Air filter), checked all hoses replaced s&*t clamps rechecked everything, tried blocking off the BOV same thing put BOV back together, did the boost solenoid, did everything. have noticed that its exhaust fumes are strong and before this noise came about every time ya would put ya foot down and then stop it would smell like sulphur or burning matches, collapsed cat maybe? ill check the plugs and coil packs tomorrow. do I just take the cat off to check if it is farooed..also boost gauge reads 5psi, ( im sure it ust to read 8 on my old gauge, maybe just a crap gauge haha) ,on full boost but I could run faster in gumboots so huge loss of power,.. there is no put ya back in the seat.

any other suggestions

cheers Guys

I've got the same issue with mine mate. All I've done to mine is run a cold air pipe under the bumper sealing the box and a high flow filter. I've had the coil packs and plugs all tested and the fuel filter replaced and done the solenoid maintenance but still having no luck. I'm going to pull off the cat next week and check that out, with any luck it's just collapsed. I might pull the piping off my turbo too and check that its in tact. Let us know how you go with yours.