Rims 20''?

T4R3K

• Member For: 14y 2m 2d

hey all,

new to this forum

ive been told that 20'' rims are legal if u have standard 17''

I want my car to be untouched by cops so I need to know asap before I start looking

thanks

• Member For: 14y 5m

I dont know about VIC but in NSW it depends on the rolling diameter of the wheel and u have 15mm to play with cause on my old calais I went from 17's to 20's with a difference of 6mm in the diameter and had no problems with it, so it might be the same in VIC but not 100%

• 2 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 6d

I dunno about VIC either but in NSW your actually allowed to go 2 sizes bigger than what your car 'can' come with. Given that the xr range all had optional 18's your allowed to go 20's. check your tyre plackard on the insider of your drive door just to make sure but yea 20's should be fine.

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 11m 26d

Does any one know about qld? Looking at 20's on an fg ute that was stock with 19's, have been told a different story by different wheel shops which makes me wonder what to believe...

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 9d

why dont you get on the government website? or call in to the rego office? much more reliable and accurate than asking a bunch of guys on a public forum....

but a mate told me his mate's dad had 28's on a ba with no problems.... :headbang2:

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 15d

I have had a couple of sets of 20x8s on my bfT... They miss the front strut brace by millimeters but I have never had an issue with scrubbing...

Oh. unless you go 30 profile, you can only put 225x35x20 on there. But I would never go 30 profile unless you live on a racetrack with flawless roads (I have cracked my old rims twice on 35 profile tyres)

Cheers, John.