Police Pack Option

discostig

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Hey all

Being the curious sort I am, I emailed Ford to get the build options for my car (first owner WA Police). Oddly enough nowhere have Ford listed the Hayman Reese tow bar which is fitted...but anyway one line from the Police pack description is:

- 3 1/4" Aluminium tailshaft without ITD, Standard 2 piece on sedan

I am unclear on:

- Is the aluminium tailshaft only for utes ("standard 2 piece on sedan")?

- what is an ITD and why would it not be present?

It's probably already on a thread but just for completion the list I got for "Option 20" is

We can advise that the Police Pack includes the following:

- 200kph speed limitation for sedan, 180kph for wagon

- 3 1/4" Aluminium tailshaft without ITD, Standard 2 piece on sedan

- Roof sign wiring

- Dual horns (as high series)

- Tyres

Sedan - 215/55 R16 tyres (standard XT steel wheel, matching spare)

Wagon - 215/60 R16 Goodyear tyres (standard XT steel wheel, matching spare

- Rear passenger reading lamps

- Unique low series cluster with adjustable speedometer calibration (I6 or V8)

- Interior grab handles (3) incorporating coat hooks.

- Additional wiring per National Police Vehicle Specifications

Although being an XR6T I don't have 215 tyres...that'd be a worry. :3gears::3gears:

Cheers!

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 16d

mine is a nsw ex chaser, in amazing condition... the only difference is a few extra holes in places (which I made for plug up before I bought it), fire extingushers, and shot gun racks... ye ha!!!!!!

other than that, its dead standard... havent found 1 other thing to suggest it was a chaser (other than its white)

• Donating Members

Hahaha shotgun racks...did you get fire extinguishers with the car? Score!

Mine wasn't used as a chaser, it towed the large booze bus trailer thing. Has been faultless since I bought it in Aug 08. :3gears:

Still curious as to this ally shaft line though...

• Donating Members

y got the extinguishers in the car aswell.. bonus lol...

ye did a huge service on it on sunday checked over everything... I havent seen an engine in as good of condition for the kms...(I have just clicked `100,000), the turbo has just the right amount of give and spins incredibly well, changed my spark plugs (they were origional), checked over everything.. throttle body, boost solanoid valve cleaned, etc

I was extremely surprised with its condition (I never Really took much notice coz ford serviced it before)...

very happy...and has never missed a single beat in the many many hard kms I have given it lol

some people are of the opinion that chasers are a bad buy, but when mine was a good 8k cheaper than a black non chaser which had probably missed a service and had a hard life I couldnt justify it!

they are serviced on time and despite all the runours its not very often u see a cop car getting flogged and doin burnouts n rubbish like the general public...on a general rule they are looked after...

the only problem was a few dings in paint work and scratched rims (which I dont have on there anyways)

I am heaps happy with my decision to buy my ex chaser... and I love the fact its white so no one gives it a look until u flog em!!! weeeeeeeeee

:3gears::3gears:

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 15d

Problem with big city highway patrol cars is they sit ideling for hours on end at booze busses and speed traps, they also tend to be flogged hard when going over medium strips, gutters and potholes.

Do not kid yourself into thinking they are not driven hard, they are. If you want one, get a country one as they do not have the same amount of abuse.

• Small Member™
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 23d

Been white, A guy at my work has a ex cop car and I can still see the checker marks from sun fade but it's only on one side lol

• Donating Members

sorry didnt I say.... mine is a counrty nsw car...not city... under car looks immaculate aswell..usually there are a few dings in mufflers n sh*t... but mine is really tidy... so im happy :bum::bowdown:

oh and I didnt hve any speed cut or anything either.... but dont ask how I know that :freak:

Edited by xr6turbo_chick

• Donating Members

Yeah not sure on the speed limiter hahaha...

Anyway, topic of thread is NOT the merits of ex-popo vehicles people... :spoton:

...just what the contents of the Police Pack are (see first post :/) if anybody knows. Specfically this aluminium tailshaft talk.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

:spoton:

Has got me intrigued. Maybe it's lighter, as from memory the BA utes had a lower speed limit because of their tailshaft whereas the normal sedans were still ~220km/h