New Nt Get Together

sixfan

• Member For: 18y 9m 26d

Did a run to Lichfield National Park today, I love this open speed limit, getting somewhere doesn't take all that long. The Kakadu run would be great

Pete, was going to call in on the way but couldn't remember how to get to your place. Next time I go out that way I'll give you a shout and get some directions.

Cheers

Capo :spoton:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guy's

had a couple of interesting days. Got a service done at Ultratune and on picking up the car was told I needed a new Air-fillter, thought I must have picked up a lot of bugs and crap on the drive up. Turns out there wasn't an Air-filter in it. Had some warranty work done in Townsville that would have required removing the air intake so I'm guessing it was not replaced when put back on. Next drama happened on Stuart Highway at some stoplights. Pulled up at lights waiting for the green and a small Suzuki shopping trolly pulls up behind me. I watch it stop in the mirror and then go back to watching the lights, next I feel the car being shunted forward. Idiot behind me crept forward until we hit. Blinker on to turn onto a service road to kill this guy and he drives straight on, blood boiled straight away and wife pleaded not to get body parts all over the car. Chased him down (didn't take long) and got him to pull over, didn't realise we had hit was his story. Checked the back of my car and not a mark on it, couldn't even see where we had touched. The tongue for the tow-bar is going back on, I don't care how many times I walk into it.

Cheers

Capo :blink:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 15d

Hey Capo,

Hmm..mm, sounds like Townsville is about the same as it is here after all! :laughing: Hope your engine didn't suck in too much crap on the way over.

Your Suzuki story reminded me of a car in front of me that rolled back into me twice when we were waiting in stalled traffic. Remind me to tell you the full story when we catch up next.

Anybody for a quick drink at Stokes Hill wharf on the weekend? Photo op too :laughing:

Love to but the wife has to work this weekend, she's been having a big whinge it's too far to walk or ride a pushbike to Robbo so she's insisting she has the car. She said she wanted to get fit, this is the perfect oportunity but she doesn't see it my way.

Cheers

Capo :stirthepot:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Flaccid Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 7d

Here's a pearler!

Missus took Subaru outback into our favorite dealer (as they handle subis too.) they did a "Recall fix" on the Gear box...250K's later Gearbox goes BANG. Subi on truck to Ford. Handy now we can always have one in the workshop for warranty while were driving the other! I'm going to pick her car up Friday and drop mine off for a new diff (If they've fixed the subi by then)...Drinks on friday anyone?

• Flaccid Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 7d
Hi Pete,

Just got back from Qld tonight. Unfortunately I have a navy-type commitment for tomorrow evening. What about the weekend?

Can do this weekend.....

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 15d

Hey, sounds like the go Pete! :nono:

Mick, Capo?

OK, time for the other NT guys to rock along too. I'll try to PM some others when we settle on a time and place.

Suggestion #1: Stokes Hill Wharf on Saturday at 12pm. Drink/fish and chips :kiss:

Suggestion #2: Same time on Sat. My place in Alawa around the pool, byo drinks/snacks. Partners/kids very welcome. Haven't got a decent BBQ yet :nono:

Sorry guy's, jetboat is all go and they want to use it. Leave tomorrow, get back on the 24th. :pinch: March seems clear at this stage. :spoton: Maybe we can get something happening next month as well! :blink:

Cheers

Capo