Dominellos Built 4 Speed

fpv747

• Member For: 17y

just got my car back from dominellos after getting the box built what can I say tony duz an awsome job worth every penny. The box now has 3 grand convertor and still drives like standard apart from the firm shifts. The oil pan he has made is great too. The best thing is he guarantees his work

Edited by fpv747

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y

gearbox cost me 5 grand including r&r with a 3 granf convertor and the modified high capacity sump. He gave me a 1 year warranty on the box and also knows that I will be racing it at the track with slicks and he is confident that I can put 450kw thru it and not break it. The peace of mind with the warranty is worth the extra thousand dollars he was charging compared to other people that quoted me and no one else stands behind their work like he does.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 25d

MMmmmm - Went through 6 Btr's. Ute is set up for street/strip and is a daily driver.

Might be alright to say rated to the claimed power (Btr) but it's all about the Nm and F/pound Torque that will kill Boxes/Drive Line ect and the way you drive, hey we do not have 400+ Cars/Utes to drive pensions to bingo.. If having a 3000 stall or larger this will prolong the death.

Yes Tony is one of the few who guarantee his boxes and he is a Man of his word but when Tilt Trays, R/R, Freight and Oil come into each breakage budget at least $1200 for each 1 excluding sundry’s like Air Travel, Hire Cars, Loss of earnings..... you get the picture.

Given up on Btr's and now have a T400 and loving it so far - Only been in for 2 days.

Will do a write up in this section.

• HOON
  • Member For: 14y 13d

I agree torque is the killer with the BTR, they just wont handle that power,my original BTR failed at 275 rw/kw and after 5 rebuilds took it somewhere else and exchanged for a strengthened cryogeniced box, running 345 rw/kw and 885 nm(885 nm@2000 rpm)lasted 20000 km's eventually they fail, good luck with the dominello box hope it holds out longer than ours did!! Who built the T400?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 25d

The T400 was also built by Tony.

With the 6th Brt still being under warranty I gave that back to him to keep in exchange for the newly built T400 and some $$. When questioning him about his build methods for the T400 I had done a heap of research and had written quotes for 5 other box builders with all the parts listed to quire him off. The strongest car he had built a T400 for is a blown big block on nitrous, weight 3400 and runs very quick times and my box having the same internals and with my current power figures he reckons 300+ passes then a freshen up for around 1K.

Didn't go a C4 due to 3 friends running these and have issues, from my understanding the T400's can be built stronger then a power glide tops them all or if you want a manual go for a Muncie Rock Crusher - The name says it all, these things are behind outlaw class cars.