Group Buy: Flip Keys For BAs - Finally!!

XR68UZ

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 7d
Finally got mine done today at R.A.M Security in Dandenong.. 122 Foster st.. Was recommended to me by another forum member, who had his done there.. Cost $32.50.. Since I only have one original im gonna have to take it to ford to get programed, I've called a few places and they charge as much if not more than ford, so I might aswell go there.. but they couldnt do it today :dontknow: so sometime next week it'll have to be..

• Member For: 18y 10m 26d
[quote name='Barnesy' date='01 April 2010 - 02:23 PM' timestamp='1270095791' post='996760']
As mentioned before I paid $18 at "Mike's Multi Service" at Forrest Hill Chase, $50 is a bit much :dontknow:
[/quote]
Cheers thanks Barnesy. I;ll pop in there Saturday and get him to do it for me.

Yeh the guy at The Glen was a real tos, prancin around like he knew everything and sayin no way you can program your own keys.
pfft. Cheers guys, the instructions are here and it'll be done.

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 6d
I got mine cut in Vermont in SE suburbs in MELB. He said he was concerned with it and cut it to one spot and then if it doesn't work he will cut down to next level. He doesn't want to screw key up. Only cost me $30. I do need to go back to sort out next week. If anyone in melb needs details let me know!

[img]http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif[/img]

• XR68UZ
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 19d
hi guys good to hear your all finding places to get em cut! they do have transponders in them but as per ford instructions if you have 2 original keys you can program it yourself, and just need to get a decent lock smith to cut the key (shouldnt cost more than 30 bux tops)

• Member For: 14y 6m 20d
Got mine cut today at the locksmith on Springfield Road, Nth Blackburn (just before Springvale Road. $30 and no hesitation on their behalf. Works perfectly

• Member For: 14y 6m 20d
Spoke too soon, key works fine, coding worked first time. No issues if the key is used manually, however the buttons are dead ...

Suggestions anybody ?

• Member For: 18y 10m 26d
[quote name='JPaulet' date='01 April 2010 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1270116998' post='996872']
Spoke too soon, key works fine, coding worked first time. No issues if the key is used manually, however the buttons are dead ...

Suggestions anybody ?
[/quote]
hmm maybe press the buttons a bit harder??
They don't work in the middle of the button, more so towards the actual line. Well that's how mine is anyway. HTH.