Group Buy: Flip Keys For BAs - Finally!!

XR68UZ

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 3d
Tried to get mine programed at 2 places today, as I only have 1 original, and both places couldnt do it.. They said the machine fails trying to print the flick key.. Im gonna have to give Ford a go..

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• XR68UZ
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 15d
[quote name='JPaulet' date='02 April 2010 - 09:51 AM' timestamp='1270162303' post='996953']
Tried all combinations of pressure, delay and pressure placement. The buttons are dead
[/quote]

you need to code the buttons to the car as well.

• To enter teach mode turn the ignition switch from off to accessories and within 5 seconds press the rear demist switch 3 times. When the mode is entered the door locks will cycle.
• Once the mode is entered then all the remote keys will be erased (original keys included).
• To teach the keys press any remote keys button (I.e. any of the buttons on any of the remotes you have).
• To acknowledge the new key has been stored in memory the door locks will change state then change back again.
• Then teach the next key and so on.
• Make sure you teach all keys at the same time
• Once complete turn off the car and test remotes

give the above a try (not with the flip key in the ignition obviously) and let me know you go.

• Member For: 18y 11m 22d
Got mine cut today. Bit of a hassle though, even at the same place Barnsey went to. The guy said no way he'd do it for $18 so went to hit me with $32. He also said there's no way it can be programmed. I was pretty sick of it and said no problem just cut it and I won't worry about anything else, all I want it to do is open the door. He got the sh*ts real bad, cut it anyway, then turns to me and apologises cos now he remembers doing it for $18. So that's all he charged me. Said it won't start the car and Ford won't program it, the key will be useless.

I came home, programmed it up for the ignition, then for the buttons,,,,purrrrrfect. Works nice.

When I flick the key out will the girls come??? :3gears:

• Member For: 14y 8m 6d
[quote name='fordriver1' date='17 March 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1268827696' post='992051']
yeah, and today I doesnt work....

I have 2 original keys, which im using to try to enter program mode.

is it first key to ignition- second key to accessories within 5 seconds?
[/quote]

Having the same problem as you with the flick key for my BF, doesn't seem to enter programming mode correctly, and in certain circumstances after attemping programming (right after) I can start the car with the flick key, but if I get out, lock it, get back in and try and start it fails.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 3d
[quote name='GNU UP' date='09 April 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1270818504' post='999172']
any chance in another group buy?
[/quote]

Im keen to get hold of one of these too.