Stealth Fx

FOONIN

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 25d

Just wondering if any of you guys have the Stealth FX BOV. If so is it any good?? any problems etc??? any feedback on it would be great

• Donating Members

I bought a new one and got it today $450 NZ ($350 AUS) not too bad considering ive heard they can go for $600.. so ive heard..

• Donating Members

yeah that's a good idea, it is hard to turn in place, very hard to adjust sound. I keep thinking I have the BOV spring too loose or too tight. At the moment its on 3 turns but sounds like the piston is open way to long however I had it on 5 turns and it fluttered on lower rpm though, not sure if its meant to?

• Member For: 15y 8m 2d

its been a while since I played with mine but im pretty sure the top adjustment is spring pressure which you dont really want to play with much and the body turns to change plumb back vs atmo.

Also it might be worth cable tieng the trumpet to something else in case it falls off. I got an alternate one but I lost it at some stage.

• Donating Members

Nah, its apparently all good, I was looking at the instructions after I installed it. Something to do with a air flow meter and something else

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 1m 28d

Hey guys,

Great to hear there's some positive feedback on the Stealth FX. As far as the adjustment goes, yeah, there's not a lot of room to play with in the factory location, but on the up-side at least it doesn't require expensive additional hard-pipe adaptors and it also makes it harder to spot!

You'll find because of the nature of o-rings, the adjustment is harder to turn if the valve is cold, or if it hasn't been turned in a while. After the first turn, or if the engine bay is warm, it should be relatively easy to adjust.

As far as the spring adjustment goes, the firmer it is the shorter the duration of the blow-off, and the more liklihood that you'll get a little low RPM fluttering. The softer the spring, the easier the valve vents and the longer is stays open for. This will reduce the liklihood of low RPM fluttering.

Because there's no airflow meter, it doesn't matter to the ECU how soft or hard you have the spring, unlike a car with an AFM. However, generally speaking the best throttle response is had on the firmer side of the adjustment, but if you don't want to hear any flutter at low RPM go softer.

There's more info on this topic that might be of interest here:

Learn stuff - Turbo lag, how to beat it. Part I - RaceDotCom.com with SuspensionParts.info

and here:

Learn stuff - Turbo lag, how to beat it. Part II - RaceDotCom.com with SuspensionParts.info

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

GFB Pete