Bosch Dsc / Esp Software

gsimon

• Member For: 18y 9m 19d

Hi,

For my Territory 2WD, May 2008, I have a damaged ABS/Stability control unit, and need a new one. (crash damage, panel beating it now)

This part cost an absolute fortune at Ford, and I haven't found the exact same one from the wreckers yet.

Some wreckers wanted to sell me a unit for $350 - $ 500, which is fraction of the new cost.

The problem is: My car has ABS/DSC unit with part number 8R29-2C405-BA. (used from April 2008 to May 2009) The wreckers only have a part that are a few months older, or a newer part from Falcon FG.

Would it be possible to re-load the correct software to one of these, or do I need the exactly same unit as the car had?

Ford Unveils its Dynamic Duo - AutoWeb News

Would appreciate very much if someone that knows about this could reply.

Regards

Gsimon

• Member For: 18y 9m 19d

Hi again,

Managed to repair my old ABS/Stability unit, by cracking off the lid, and soldering new wires from the plug to the print board.

The CAN network goes through the ABS unit on its way to the PCM. In my case the CAN wires were broken inside the ABS unit.

I glued the lid back on, and now the car starts, and the ABS and stability light goes off as it should after internal check.

The ABS unit had the smallest print board and most miniaturized electronics I have ever seen.

Will still look for a new unit from a wrecker, since my repair was a bit on the 'edge' of what should be done to a new car. :)