Xr6 T Ute Playing Up

bigfulla

• Member For: 17y 12d

Hi there guy's , I have an xr6 turbo ute manual 2005 running 300 rwkw and it's been going great but for the last few weeks it's been running like it is starving for fuel so replaced the fuel filter and that seem to fix it for about a week ? it's like when you go to take off you have to use about three quater thottle and when it's going you have to back off or it will take off on you and if you try and rev it up it just starts to go and then dies off , it seems like fuel is the problem but where to start ? and just yesterday I went for a run and it went great , it's got me, I am more the old school gtho era but these computer driven model have me beat, so any help from you swithed on guy's would be great. thanks regards bigfulla .......

• Member For: 15y 3m 13d

could be your fuel pump giving up the ghost. Is the problem only when the fuel is in the lower half of the gauge?

BTW, one post is enough, no need to post the same post in multiple sections of the forum and :Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Member For: 17y 12d

hi again, thanks for your input , I was wondering about the fuel pump so I got a WALBRO GSS 342 FUEL PUMP , but I thought that the fuel pump either worked or stopped no in between ? that's why I haven't fitted the new pump as yet ? anyway I might just bite the bullet and fit it and it will eliminate the pump from the list.. thanks regards bigfulla...