Fg Ute Mud Flap Removal

saba

• Member For: 20y 8m 16d

They painted mine under warranty. I took them off and left them off when I took it in.

All I can do is try. Might give Metro a go since I have found them helpful in the past.

What about those splash plates behind the wheels? Taken mine out and you can see a lot of emptiness behind the rear wheels now.

What is it with ford falcon rear mudflaps. Ever since the ED falcons they seem total crapola. They sag and wobble about on both sedans and utes - and the paint issue is bad and me thinks it will cost ford a few bucks.

Why can they just go with normal flat flaps like on the comodore that dont extend back like the spats do.

Might have to take a picture of mine and send a love letter to ford.

They can build one of the altime best engines but can do a decent mudflap :beerchug:

• Member For: 13y 8m 1d

Anyone know if the mud flaps are fitted whilst in the factory or is it done at the dealer ? Mine arrives this week . .

Just spoke to ford and the mud flaps are dearler fitted not factory

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 16y 8d

How has everyone gone with this? (getting respray for rubbed paint behind flaps)

I just had a look behind mine and the paint is in a terrible state!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 10d

I took the fronts off and luckily it looks like a cut and polish should sort the paintwork. The rears are going to stay but I think I need to find a way to secure them alot better.

• Member For: 13y 9m 16d

I got mine taken off with the 15k service and there is some light marks but I think a cut and polish should do the trick when I get it detailed. Also with the badges, I wouldn't dare bring a screwdriver near my precious ute..I debadged mine by using a hair dryer to heat it up, then some floss to cut behind it like a sawing motion which comes off easy as. Then some grease and tar remover rubs the glue right off and is fine on the paints, lastly I polished the spot with some bug and tar remover and they came up lovely :dontknow:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 9m 3d

I removed mine myself (within 24hrs of ownership)no paint damage at all, Just great looks.....Badges came off just recently due to getting signwriting on the tailgate.....

• Member For: 13y 7m 12d

Just spoke to ford and the mud flaps are dearler fitted not factory

On the 50th they come Factory fitted. I saw my ute coming off the truck, from melbourne and they were on it.

I like the mud flaps that ford supply. I even bought some and put them on the front. I spose you have to make the choice, stone chipped, marks on the paint under the mudflaps, or flat trailer mudflasp. My choice was the Ford Flaps!

• Like 1