Fg Turbo Exhaust Rattle

michaelhardy

• Member For: 15y 7m 24d

I posted something about a viabration while stationary in D sometime ago but had no response. Im sorry to say im glad that its a common problem rather than just my own car but ye it is extremely annoying... My lady friend keeps giving me sh*t about the brand new car a love so much shaking and viabrating like an old bomb lol.

But hey if that's the worst of it then im happy. My VE was in for warranty about 4 times at this point (5000kms) so the Ford is still a fair way ahead.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 16d

ford have been waiting for a fix since the first BA. Heat shield replacement fix for short term but it comes back get rid of heat shield get rid of rattle

Which heat shield did you remove?

• Member For: 21y 2m 27d

My Fg turbo ute was doing the exact same thing, dealer said the same thing every time it went into service "were waiting for a fix"... I told them to just jack the idle up a little, but they didnt want to do it...

now car is never going back to FRAUD!!

I have a Bluepower Custom tune on the car now, they raised the idle up to .650 no more vibrations and the car drives like a dream!

good luck guys, hope Ford dealership pull there fingers out..

• Member For: 14y 10m 25d

Yeah ill put my hand up for this problem too.

Only happens when the car is warm and the A/C is on while sitting at the lights in 'D'. Bloody annoying too

My local dealer have had a few and they are all Turbo Auto's (XR6T and F6)

I got told the same BS about waiting for a fix, however the mechanics also said they thought it was wierd that the FG's don't seem to have as many exhaust brackets as the BA-BF did.

The rattle is strange. you cannot hear it from outside of the car, only inside. And if you have your hand on the gear lever you can feel it.

I noticed the rear muffler moves quite alot when at idle.

I got a mate to hold it with his foot, and as he was doing that the rattle was non existant.

I am going to get some custom brakets made up and see if that fixes the problem. I reckon it will

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 7m 16d

I have a rattle / vibration in D while stationary too, and I don't believe it's the exhaust. If I pull the handbrake on the vibration goes away, maybe some of you can try that to see if it's the same problem as mine?

• blind leading the blind
  • Member For: 15y 6m 17d

I have a manual and it has a rattle along the same lines as the old ba exhaust rattle - also my exhaust tips move around that much when I drive hard that they actually touch the bumper and you can smell hot plastic - no sign of scorch marks yet though - lets hope there is a fix coming out soon

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 25d

I have a rattle / vibration in D while stationary too, and I don't believe it's the exhaust. If I pull the handbrake on the vibration goes away, maybe some of you can try that to see if it's the same problem as mine?

Mate mine is doing this too, so im guessing it is something to do with the handbrake cables. Will see what fraud has to say when it goes in for its 15k service. By the way its a FG XR6T ute in auto

Edited by blueprintbullet

• Member For: 15y 2m 27d

Mate mine is doing this too, so im guessing it is something to do with the handbrake cables. Will see what fraud has to say when it goes in for its 15k service. By the way its a FG XR6T ute in auto

mine does the same with the hand brake, ford said it was happening with a few and were waiting for a fix from ford. mine is a manual, usually happens when the a/c compressor kicks in.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 3d

Any chance someone in Victoria would be able to show me a car with this noise? As I said earlier in this thread - this is not something I'm currently working on, so all your hoping for Ford to come up with a fix is fruitless atm. However, given that its obvious this is a widespread concern I'm very interested.

Edited by bunna

• Member For: 21y 2m 27d

Get a custom flash tune and tell your mechanic to raise the idle to 650 :)

Ford will keep telling you "there waiting on a fix" ...

if the noise is really concerning you, I think its your best bet.

cheers