Xr6t Payments

baboon

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 15d

Great advice from the more mature members of this forum. :thumbsup: Don't follow my example for heaven's sake!

(Champaign taste + goon budget) * weak will = "Oh Crap"!

:oops:

We are on track now though. Just have to live with an N/A that is almost stock "T" status.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Just sit back and enjoy the ride...!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 26d

Until recently, I've been going through the "job insecurity" thing for the past 18 months (large worldwide IT company merger). It's made me hold off on doing a lot of things like buying property. Getting a good pay packet is great, but not when you are constantly looking out for that "Dr Death" dude from your local HR dept. :asthanos:

Now that things are much calmer at my work and my boss (who lives in Singapore) has proved to me that he wants to keep me in his team, I felt safe enough to start making moves...

Step 1 - new car... an XR6T of course! :thumbsup:

Took advantage of a really good deal on a novated lease through work, and given my job I shouldn't have any problems doing the required miles to make it worth my while tax wise.

Next up is some property... just waiting for the right one to come by before I take the plunge. :oops:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 8d
that's not too bad robbiie.

Whats the residual and lease term?

Lease is 4 yrs. Residual is 37.5%, $17500 + GST.

Don't forget though at the end of the lease you have the option to re-lease the car again. Although in 4 yrs who knows what Ford or other car manufacturers will have :)

• Member For: 21y 20d

I'm worth well over a million bucks (have heaps of properties mainly inherited), my wife several million, 37 y/o and I drive a $2000 EA falcoon. I still dont feel I can afford a new BA turbo (million bucks not much nowadays). I suggest you do what I'm doing now. I'm spending about 10 -15 grand on my turbo system for the EA for about 550 to 600 whp. I just luv whipping quick factory cars with a modified sleeper. In any case I'd wait a few years till a series 2 BA turbo drops in price and out of warranty. Then I'll modify the BA for 550-600whp.

• Member For: 20y 9m 8d
PhantomUte, is that with insurance, fuel and maintenence? That is cheap dude

No just the straight lease from ford credit, its a ute as well so it is a bit cheaper then the sedans, which makes the leasing costs less. It was $45K on road, insurance isn't to bad its just under $1200/yr (I am 24 so I am very happy with this, most insurance companys wouldn't insure me till I am 25)

• Member For: 21y 3m 2d
I'm worth well over a million bucks (have heaps of properties mainly inherited), my wife several million

Baboon,

This is the best advice anyone can offer, and is what I intend to do. Although I've already got my own house sorted (thankfully before the market went nuts!), don't worry about investing in houses, shares, gold, antiques, paintings, bonds, foreign currency, derivative contracts or anything else whatsoever.

Go buy your T. Finance it for 5 years with bugger all deposit.

Then....MARRY RICH!!!

Get wifey to pay for it.

Trust me, I'm an economist. :D

• Member For: 20y 6m 24d
Go buy your T. Finance it for 5 years with bugger all deposit.

Then....MARRY RICH!!!

Get wifey to pay for it.

Trust me, I'm an economist. 

This man is good! You may have a point there mate :D :thumbsup:

But for now, I think I'll stick with saving as much as I can for another year, and before christmas next year I will decide what to do with it all. Although knowing me, I will find something else interesting and spend all my money on it and be at the same position as I am now, next year. :o

Now, where did I put that rich wifey bait... :)

Edit: spelling

• Upstanding Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 15d

Actually I'd say the most sane advice is to live the life and lifestyle you enjoy - which is why I rent a $500K property and have been through 3 new cars in the last 5 years.

Yeah I'm wasting cash but I'm happy. I hurt no-one with this approach and have got my retirement fund stitched up thanks to an impressive investment scheme and generous employer provisions.

I'd rather my cars and lifestyle than sitting at home in front of a 34cm TV wondering if my 2 minutes noodles have cooked properly just so I can own a few other properties and be worth "millions".

But to each their own - some people combine lifestyle and property investment and others think that owning property is the key to happiness. The real key is doing what you want to be happy.

Aaron (28, Flippant, and poor)