Is Xr6T The Right Car For Me?

inowereulive

• Member For: 15y 9m 29d

my insurance is only 1200 a year through rac, insured for $20k I think

a few people have said 'your 19, you have an xr6t, you will hoon'

I dont think that's true at all.

in 2 years I went from having an ef fairmont, to a ba fairmont ghia v8, to my xr6 turbo and I must say that the stupidest driving ive ever done was when I was 17 in my ef.

I dont know about other people but having an expensive car makes me want to treat it nicely, traction controls a good thing aswell because 99% of the time its on so I dont even think about whipping it out.

having one wont turn you into a hoon

and I woulnt pay an extra 10grand just to get a 6speed bf over a ba

4spd ba turbos are getting sold for around the 18 grand mark, 20 in good condition

6speed manual ba mk11 is the way to go id say

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 12d

my insurance is only 1200 a year through rac, insured for $20k I think

a few people have said 'your 19, you have an xr6t, you will hoon'

I dont think that's true at all.

in 2 years I went from having an ef fairmont, to a ba fairmont ghia v8, to my xr6 turbo and I must say that the stupidest driving ive ever done was when I was 17 in my ef.

I dont know about other people but having an expensive car makes me want to treat it nicely, traction controls a good thing aswell because 99% of the time its on so I dont even think about whipping it out.

having one wont turn you into a hoon

and I woulnt pay an extra 10grand just to get a 6speed bf over a ba

4spd ba turbos are getting sold for around the 18 grand mark, 20 in good condition

6speed manual ba mk11 is the way to go id say

Agree totally, I was most stupid in my cheap, fully paid for VK, but now with a rather relatively expensive loan, the thought of "how much is this going to cost if I stuff it" runs through my head before doing anything remotely hoonish.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

I first stepped in to one of these things in my early twenties and can guarantee that I was allot more mature then

WTF happen??

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 4d

I wouldn't limit yourself to just buying a ford. saying all japanese cars are crap is a bit foolish. what do you think about european? american?

if you hate all these and think you have to have either a ford or a Expensive Daewoo then good luck.

also, whats with young dudes getting massif loans for cars these days? or do they really have $20k saved up by the time they finish school? parents buying them cars? inheritance?

by getting out in the world n working the hours :buttrock:

I owned my first 1 at 19 to mate, in saying that though u do indeed have to b careful even at stock power u can have your hairy moments.

I dont think u should b criticesed (although most ppl here would only b makeing sure your aware of the potential these cars have for buying a fast car young aslong as its legal were u r that's all good, just respect the power n maybe do a few defensive driving courses :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 4d

Try a Fiat Pinto. I think 19 is to young for an XR6T.

$0.02

I was 18 when I first bought my XR6T. I have had no problems with the law and being able to control myself when behind the wheel. Yeah sure, I have given it a boot off the lights every now and then, but all in all, I consider myself to be a safe driver who respects the power of the car.

inowereyoulive, they are a great car. Mine has 272rwkw and its very driveable. Generally traction isnt too much of an issue. Its pretty ordinary in the wet but that's a given. Insurance for myself is $1700 a year. I am a 19y/o living in SE Queensland.

Edited by Jarrad

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 1m 23d

Nearly all 19 year olds, hoons included, will say they consider themselves safe drivers, experienced and able to handle high powered cars. Until that is measured and proven, stats and science are against you.

Jarrad - I hope you have enough money stored away for when you have an accident, your insurance company will slam the door in your face. Its illegal for you to drive that car on your Ps. If you happen to kill someone, you will be facing time in jail.

The best comment on here: "It just annoys me a little that 18-19 year olds come on here and ask the opinion of older drivers on whether they should buy a car and then tell them that they are looking for 300RWkw+ as if they can properly handle a car which just a couple of years ago would be in supercar territory."

I don't care how awesome your driving skills are, just because you drive an xr6T doesn't mean you can handle one when it gets all crossed up.

• Member For: 15y 5m 3d

a few pics of what happened when I thought I was a good driver... if your as stuborn as me when I bought mine theres no talking you out of it. if your not your probly shouldnt haha but you cant be told a lesson. just make sure you learn your lessons on the skidpan and not on the open streets putting other peoples lives at risk (sounds like you already stufed up there)...not to mention the small fortune it costs to repair a car properly..everyone gets caught out eventually, these things arent toys

post-32529-126040383267_thumb.jpg

post-32529-12604038421_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 14y 7m 12d

Nearly all 19 year olds, hoons included, will say they consider themselves safe drivers, experienced and able to handle high powered cars. Until that is measured and proven, stats and science are against you.

I don't care how awesome your driving skills are, just because you drive an xr6T doesn't mean you can handle one when it gets all crossed up.

I think the same of every single member on this forum.

Sraight lines are completely different to twisty roads.

Burnouts are completely different to "handling your car sideways at speed."

Nearly all people 30years old+ will say they consider themselves a safe driver.

From what I see every single day on Australian roads, this is completely untrue.

I was 18 when I first bought my XR6T. I have had no problems with the law and being able to control myself when behind the wheel. Yeah sure, I have given it a boot off the lights every now and then, but all in all, I consider myself to be a safe driver who respects the power of the car.

Yeh.. handle your car in a straight line off from the lights.

That's not what makes a safe driver.

People seriously don't realise that the way THEY drive, and because they can handle a car the way THEY drive, doesn't make them a safe driver. As soon as something 'unexpected happens,' that sudden rush of adrenaline flows through your body, you are faced with a situation you haven't been before, and it's only through experience will you know what to do.

Most people I've spoken to have barely experieced a thing in their xr6t's, apart from 'forcing' the car sideways due to its power, burnouts, or draging in a straight line.

Good luck to you all who think you're experienced because you own a powerful car and have been driving on Australian roads for years. :fool:

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 1m 23d

HAve to agree with that Shark. WEll said.

With all I have said in mind, I don't even consider myself a great driver...which is why I'm against young guys in fast cars.. As I get older, I realise there is more and more I'm still learning about car control. If a 19 year old says he is a good driver with all of 2 years under his belt, he is simply a fool. There are exceptions with some young guys (lewis Hamiltons) who have been driving for many many years.

Simple fact: high-powered cars are not to be messed with. You wouldn't challenge Jet Li to a fight without first knowing what you can handle. High-powered cars will always eventually hand your ass to you.

There is a reason P-platers can't drive high powered cars....

Edited by seduced