Fg, Getting The Rear Muffler Off

God666

• Complete Bastard
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 15d

Guys,

May seem like a stupid question however, if I undo the flange at the rear of the centre muffler and the suspension rubbers at the rear muffler, does the rear muffler come off without having to cut the pipe? It just looks like a really tight fit to get it up over the diff cradle and fundamentally, I am too lazy to try it without first asking the masses the simple question. :shocked:

Just want to do some mods to the rear muffler tip as I am sick of it looking like an elephant's arseh0le and it would be much easier to do it off the car

:ta:

• Complete Bastard
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 15d

Yep, got rid of that over three years ago. Then had a Turbo Territory and have just stepped into the FG. Never again will I go for a heavy slow thing like that. Great car.... if you want a great car. I prefer a great toy :facepalm:

PHANTMXR6, if I was on the production line, I would put the exhaust up there prior to putting the diff cradle in. Don't know which order they did it however, I assume that you have got to be able to replace the rear muffler without dropping the diff cradle. I certainly couldn't get the rear muffler of my TT off. Didn't matter which way you twisted it, there was just not enough space.... or I was to stupid to master it. One of those two....

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 15y 9m 30d

I've got a very similar story.

I got rid of a Phantom BA XR (n/a though), then stepped into a TS (again n/a)and now drive an FG turbo.

The missus still has the Territory but I fitted a catback Redback system to it in my driveway.

Was a pain trying to get the old one out and the new in as the r/h rear of the car had to be jacked so high to be able to feed the rear muffler/tailpipe section over the diff cradle.

Not impossibe, but very fiddly. TT would be harder, I would imagine, having twin pipes.

Best of luck with it.