Fg Footwell Water

Rancidpunx

• Me
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 22d

I know this is a problem with a lot of modern cars of different brands. Sometimes incorrectly fitted pollen filters can cause it, dont know how. Happens at factory and after servicing.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m

Pedal box???? Way to fill me with confidence. Where was the leak?

Mine is on the left side from somewhere under the the trim that surrounds the transmission tunnel.

DSC00025.jpg

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

I've had that happen in my BFII if I run the air con for ages. Got quite a shock when I was wearing thongs :/

So it's windows down, metallica/RATM pumping instead for the grannies at the lights to admire.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 19d

oh yeah, my fg is exactly the same, didnt notice it until summer, at first I was like wtf, cant be water... and then yeh I noticed the cab getting a lil smelly, dosnt do it all the time.

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m

I spoke to Ford about it, the guy was pretty rude when I asked how are they gonna fix it. His reply was along the lines of "we will just blow out the tube". When quizzed on what was blocking it, his reply was "debris". I nearly fell off the chair. Apparently quite common and has been since the B series, no fix apparently.

So does anyone know the "exact" location of the drips. I dont want to leave it with Ford for a day for sometihng I can do myself, and then also modify and work out a fix.

Edited by Rancidpunx

it doesnt seem to be related to the drain tube. I had mine on a hoist and the water was coming out the drain tube (around the gear box) but still dripping on carpet inside. so the water mustn't be making it to the drain point. dont feel like going for a dive behind the dash and sure as hell not letting ford near it (probably wont get fixed and they'll stuff something up in the process - yes I am a cynic).

May be I could get one of those absorbant things women take to the beach, use when riding bikes or just being generally active (acording to TV ads any way) and use to soak up excess water then pull out with convinient string when done?

just a thought.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 21d

Same problem here... I noticed the water the first time in thongs. Since then I have noticed it regularly. First time it happened I freaked out and called FPV asking WTF??? to which they had no response except for me to wait on the road side for 45mins for a tech to come out... I didnt wait. While sitting there It occured to me that it was a hot day and I was running my AC at about 19 degrees and the water must have been condensate of some form. At my FPV track day I got chatting with a guy who had a super pursuit and he said it was happening to him as well so I would think this must be a very common fault.

I cleaned my car out the other day and lifted the floor mat to find a nasty puddle of water on the floor.

I seem to notice that more water is evident during high speed cornering.. so I was wondering if the AC condensates into somee form of tundish arrangement that is open to atmosphere and as such when you corner it splashes out? I might be way off the money but just a thought, I am keen to get the problem fixed before it ruins my carpet but dont want the whole dash being dismantled if they have no solution.

• Member For: 15y 8m 18d

SAme Problem as well on BA xr6t. Only seem to notice when its 35 degrees plus and I got the aircon on high. But doesnt leak that much not like Rancidpunx pic above ^^^ condensation is my theory.

• Member For: 16y 8m 3d

Here's a fix wear shoes, use heater and always do right turns. :nono:

But on a serious note, is it doing it on recirc or fresh? does it stop dripping if you turn A/c off and just use the fan then start when you turn it on again. (or switch it to heat if your game)

Also do you have a window open while aircon is on and it does it? could be warm air condensing on vents cause cabin temp is not normalised.

Is it humid when it happens?

I'm not an auto aircon guy but would be trying all these things just to give the guys a little insite when trying to fix it. Leaks are the hardest thing to fix/trace cos water could be coming from anywhere.

If all else fails then you have a water making machine in your car, perfect for those hot days in traffic. :hohum: