Fg Footwell Water

Rancidpunx

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 4d

I know some of you have had problems with a drain hose blocking and leaking water into the drivers footwell, but whats the fix. I hate taking the car to Ford for something like this.

Only noticed since the hot weather and been in the car in thongs so driving barefoot. Hopefully not been going on to long.

So anyone with the same problem whats the fix??? Im dreading a dash pull apart, bound to get rattles and broken clips and some scratches on the plastic.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Massive Tool
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 12d

I get the same with mine but it hasnt happened when I take it to fraud for them to look at. I think tinyplums was having this happen quite alot however I dont know if they found a fix for it. I dont think it is caused by a blocked drainpipe though, I believe it has something to do with condensation forming on one of the pipes.

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 4d

wow brand new car with an inbuilt water feature. I thought that sh*t was reserved for Top Gear.

Tinyplums, so yours still leas water and what are they going to do about it? Do they know the cause?

I dont know if it will help but I jumped out the other day and noticed droplets formed from the dash into the footwell so got some pics. If service need it to happen I will jsut drive for an hour with the air con pumping before arriving.

Edited by Rancidpunx

• Member For: 15y 8m 20d

I didnt cause much fuss over it previsouly.

but its getting worse.

now I have the oppertunity for warranty again (not that mods would affect this I just didnt want them seeing what I had done) as my car is going back to stock (got yellow stickered) I`m going to cause hell over it.

carpet stinks as its always damp, I go for anything over a 30min drive at the end of it I can ring out my trouser leg as its saturated.

bloody pathetic.

• Señor Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 16d

I had a leak into my drivers side footwell and it took ford 3 days working on it to fix it, pulled the whole dash out and had to reweld or something, the pedal assembly box to the firewall or somethin like that.

good job it was on warenty would have cost a fortune in labour.