Coolant Leak From Behind Transmission

ENVI.BA

• Member For: 15y 4m 12d

hi I have a 2004 Ba xr6 na and recently I have noticed that my car is dropping coolant from mid way down the car.

I got under the car and looked and it its dripping coolant (not aircon condensation) from the back of the transmission.. More prominently when I start the car the puddle begins and will drop a small puddle around 10cm in dia then just drip a few drops every minute.

I have had my heater core replaced around 4 months ago and recently I have been able to smell coolant through the aircon.

I have checked the welsh plug on the back of the block and they are still good as is the heat gasket and heater connections in the firewall

I have been told its a sealed transmission but think otherwise..

any ideas?

• Member For: 15y 4m 12d

I think so too. the core has a warranty and is still covered. do you think the800$in labour will be taken care of or will I need to hammer the credit card again. mate is a mechanic and we got under the car and had a look but couldnt see anything. I think is the core too and yeah its just leaking through the aircon. btw fraud didnt fit it

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 10d

if it is the core, then all labour should be covered, but mechanics have a way to make you pay, by saying it was something else.

If you have a mate with a cooling system pressure tester, he can use it to see where it is coming from. You will need to pressurise the system to find the leak.

Hopefully it is not the core as pulling out the dash is not a good thing. Get it checked out before you try to get it fixed under warranty if it is the core.