Fuel Pump Xr6T

• Member For: 17y 8d

hi there , I have an ba mk11 xr6turbo ute 2005 , and I need to know how much lph my standard fuel pump puts out ? as I need to upgrade and I don't know how far to go?? thanks any info would be great.

• Member For: 20y 8m 10d

This doesn't answer your question but have you considered leaving your standard pump and have it pump into a Process West anti surge tank with Bosch 044? Great looking product and very effective.

Benny

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • Member For: 11y 8m 24d

wouldnt turbo have a higher flowing pump then a N/A?

just trying to find flow rates as looking at one on ebay and guy says:

"The standard BA BF pump assy does 105L/H
This one for the BA BF turbo’s does 150L/H
I would not install the wrong one as you would have fuel problems up high.
The picture is what you get, pump is installed inside. It does not come with the fuel gauge.
Hope this helps."

cheers

Edited by jas98

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 12d

There was a mod that we used to do for the BA fuel pump as the relief valve inside the pump was soft so pressure varied on what they could provide.

We used a grub screw with a hole drilled through it and would cut the small plastic cage on the end of the pump that held a spring and small ball bearing. Cut the sping in hald from memory and screw the grub screw down inside to basically make a variable pressure relief valve...

There shold be a topic with photos on here somewhere but I am hopeless with search engines and this would be a mod from 2004-2005!

• Member For: 11y 8m 24d

thanks guys

I would like to changethe fuel pump for preventitive maintenence as its never been done and its done 227 000k's

I have come accross a few on ebay

not a genuine walbro though:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HI-FLOW-255-LPH-RACE-EFI-INTANK-FUEL-PUMP-REPLACES-WALBRO-GSS341-SUIT-JAPAN-APPS-/200813538378?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec16b6c4a&_uhb=1#ht_4157wt_906

then theres this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UNIVERSAL-FUEL-PUMP-330-LPH-STRONGER-THAN-BOSCH-040-023-WALBRO-GSS341-GSS342-/170856472385?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c7d6df41&_uhb=1#ht_2347wt_952

then theres this one, never herd of em??:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GSS341-255LPH-GHOST-RACE-FUEL-PUMP-SALE-to-suit-bosch-044-fuel-pump-/321049332205?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac00809ed&_uhb=1#ht_539wt_952

anyone used any if them? or recomend a site/place cheaper?

IF I upgrade the pump to a higher L/PH would I need to upgrade the pressure reg? im only running stock tune etc...all stock.

thanks