• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 24d

1. 15,000 km’s service with oil provided. - Done, new Mobil 1 oil loves these cars.

2. Premium Sound Radio Quality issue, static and radio drop out, antenna related issue that’s been looked at before, lose radio between Brisbane and Gold coast. Improved, main earth strap retentioned, seems much better but only driven home.

3. Handbrake rubbing, making shush shush noise and burning smell. Fixed

4. Alarm boot sensor faulty, alarm goes off when car is unlocked. Not fixed, dunno what happened with this but I suspect theres a new loom on order for the boot.

5. Drivers side slim weather shield coming off, been replaced before. Replaced again, new one much much better!

6. Vibration in steering at 100 – 110 km’s an hour, balance issue? Balance issue, fixed!

7. Fuel usage is high, car sits on about 13 - 14, even on the highway. Fuel Guage Issue, Fuel sender replaced, DTE now reads 550 when filled again instead of 350.

8. Fuel Gauge is incorrect, when its at half way the car has only used 20 litres, needs recalibration or sensor replacement. Refer To above.

9. Car idles rough and shakes when cold, runs fine when its at running temperature, usually only in the morning. Had the TPS sensor replaced a week or so ago, thought this fixed the problem but it didnt. Computer Recalibration

10. Noisy Belts - Not Fixed, dunno what happened with these.

11. Headlight adjustment - Fixed.

All in all happy with their efforts, the few things that werent fixed arent huge issues.

• Member For: 18y 7m 28d

My good friend , you are not alone. I have a 2005 XRT 6 man that has suffered engine surge problems, fuel pump issues, suspension creaks and groans, hand brake sh sh sh noises, a gear box that sounds like a coffee grinder and a whining noise that has not yet been identified. So where to from here. Disappointed yes, but having spent $50K on this machine there is no turning back. I have had great support from my Ford dealer which is more than I can sayabout Ford Australia, who only too often brush off these issues as characteristics of the vehicle.

Fundamentally it is not a bad vehicle considering its potential !!! But be prepared to to invest some more dollars to make it what you want it to be. Visit Nizpro in Melbourne as a starter and strike up a good relationship with your Ford dealer. They know what the issues are and should be willing to help resolve your problems.

Sad to hear there are still the usual issues apparent in the Ba/Bf mo0del. You would have thought that by now this model has had all it's niggling problems rectified. Then again I think it just comes down to ford's build quality, it is very poor.

It's a shame as I keep my eye on the forum to see if things are on the improve to maybe end up back in a Typhhon, but I am not filled with alot of confidence. Looks like I will have keep driving a european car, 12 months on not one single issue, not even a rattle or squeak.

Come on Ford if you want to compete on the world stage,and apply the relevant $ price, produce the goods to justify it!

What would an european XR6T cost? $120,000-$150,000 in BMW or Merc.

What is the equivelant BM or merc? M3 or ummmm....I dont know really.

I think the T is good for the price.

What would a European car cost without the bloody Luxury car tax @ 25 cents in every dollar over and above the threshold of $ 57009!!!

Nothing like inflating the expensive brands further with a 25% tax to reduce their competitiveness ....

Edited by 2MUCHKW