Front End Creek?

Hazy

• Member For: 15y 1m 14d

Havent posted anything for a while, hey again!

Okay, so on slow turning, eg reversing up to the kerb im getting a creek noise from the front end of me BA xr6t ute! I let it go for a bit but now on occasions its doing it going around a corner. Just wondering if anyone could give me a diagnosis or a list of things to check? im guessing its a suspension component but unsure. Ute has done 112000 kms, and in general very well looked after. thinking also about getting the 'pedders 28 point' suspension check at trident, anyone recomend these checks by them?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Hazyco -_-

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 29d

I got one of them done before I was gonna lower my ba, came back with $2500 worth of sh*t that needed to be done. Had 98k on it.

I got one of them done before I was gonna lower my ba, came back with $2500 worth of sh*t that needed to be done. Had 98k on it.

Were they full of sh*t do you think? Did you have the creeking noise to? What did they replace?

Cheers,

Hazyco -_-

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 29d

I don't think they were full of sh*t (that was including a basic lowering) but I think its just that after about 100k most of the suspension components in the Ba's are reaching there used by date, could be wrong.

And yeah I did have a bit of a creek at times.

I didn't end up doing it, sold the car instead.

Edited by Dillz

yea right, sounds plauseable. I know the guys down there so hopefully they'll look after me if it major.

Cheers for the info dillz!

Anyone else to share info feel free, thanks in advance!

Cheers, Hazyco -_-

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 15d

From memory, there was a fair bit of Front End Creak related to the big bolts that connect the control arms to the big alloy crossmember, just loosen them of and tighten them up (don't remember what torque). Other area that caused alot of creaks was where the steering rack mounted the Front End, again on the alloy cross member I think.

If its got a few kays its probably a bush though..

From memory, there was a fair bit of Front End Creak related to the big bolts that connect the control arms to the big alloy crossmember, just loosen them of and tighten them up (don't remember what torque). Other area that caused alot of creaks was where the steering rack mounted the Front End, again on the alloy cross member I think.

If its got a few kays its probably a bush though..

interesting! I'll try that over the weekend, I'll just try and tighten them back as best I can. I'll see if the bush looks knackered too. Cheers for that mate! I'll post again if that fails, then after that, get it checked out!

Cheers,

Hazyco -_-

• Member For: 20y 8m 13d

Hey,

I have a BF2T (12/06) which has just had 2 front end ball joints replaced at 60,000K's -under warranty. Apparently they are on record at going around 60-80k have you has these checked?

• Member For: 15y 2m 22d

My creek in the front end, which always happened when reversing out of my driveway ended up being the steering rack where it bolts up to the crossmember, just shimed and tightened it back up no issues since