Turbo Charger Longevity

Guest Al@n

Guest Al@n
  • Guests

Having owned a VN 5L for 19 years, and still not having to pull a head off it yet (fingers crossed) and wanting a FG XR6 turbo, I pose the question how long(Kms) of driving can one expect to get out of a turbo that is driven with the occasional hiding, any replies would be appreciated. Further as a social Worker, I feel that as a new member (feedback), let us try and provide positive feedback to fellow car lovers (we are a minority) as this is an important community for automotive lovers. When one wishes to vent lets not see this as an opportunity to vent ourselves. Why not create a mini commuity that embraces and engages with peoples frustrations? you will be surprised how we, as a collective can help people through difficult times, regardless whether we argree. Food for thought, however, as a combined group we can change peoples thinking, but only we we remain consolidated, Kindest regards

• Member For: 17y 1m 11d

To answer your first question, the engines last a long time, the turbo will last 200,000klm+ if you keep a steady stream of clean oil upto it.

As for the rest of your post, that must be some good sh*t youre smokin lol.

• Member For: 16y 10m 1d

Go Get #@%$%# you $%^*&^!

lol Joking I just vented

Gather around gentlemen, join hands and let us together enjoy the beauty of song....................."Kumbaya my lord kumbaaaayaaaaa"......

Ohh that feels so much better

Now to your question:

Yeah what ETM said, 200,000kms + provided it doesnt have a blocked oil supply line / filter and oil is changed every 5-7k kms..Neglect either, and maybee shorten the life to as little as 30-50k