Calling Any Techies...

Chich

• Damn You's A Sexy Chich
  • Member For: 16y 2m 7d

OK, so I just bought a new lcd tv 1080p hdmi blah blah, and want to get an HDMI cable to run from the ps3 to it, looked on ebay at some, and there are so many, and range from like $5 to $200... so I have no idea wtf I need to run it to a decent standard.. lol

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 2d

Go to a few shops and ask around and see what the 'experts' say. My mate bought one for around $180 and at work we use non branded ones and I couldnt really tell the difference. The price varies alot depending on length too..

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 1m 27d

Spend $20 on one. You'll be fine. They are al the same, some better quality than others, but to the average eye, you would never notice the difference.

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 7d

a mate of mine spent heaps on his HDMI cabling and the funny thing is he still has no clue how to setup his TV properly, its a good Sony LCD but all the black scenes are just grainy green (even on blue ray). I've told him it looks crap but he freaks out...so funny.

anyways...cheap cables are usually fine.

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 3d

The expensive ones are just marked up a sh*t load. I manage an electrical warehouse and see all the cost prices and then the sale tag. Cables are a tedious job but as stated there is no difference really.

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 6d

Guys, not 100% correct!

in many cases there is a big difference - the big difference however many not be so noticeable from a general day to day use.

There is only 1 brand or cable which I know is 'HDMI' certified - Supra. We sell a lot of these but for $$$ to run your PS3 into a 32" LCD or the likes (not sure what size you have) - you prob wont do to worried about the case.

There are a number of brands that a lot of it is just simple marketing. However again 100$ + up to a few thousand, or a simply $5 cable will still provide the screen with an image and audio signal.

We sell truck loads of cheaper cables as well - but personally I would look around the $30-$60 mark... :thumbsup:

Signal loss, cross talk/interference, quality of the internal connections, quality of the copper, tin or silver, flexibility or lack there off, blah blah blah all adds to the cost 'in most quality' cables. (Again there is a lot of brands that have more marketing then difference)... IMO Monster Cable is one full of marketing and very little technology.

Supra - Tin plated and technology.

Audio Quest and Video Quest - Technology in the research.

Then you will find some no branded cables that are great like Daichi, Celestra, both good low to mid range cables!

PM me if you want any more info, or recommendations...

Edited by smicky

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 19d

The difference in prices comes with the different specs of HDMI cables. the early HDMI cables were classified as 1.2 and later as 1.2a and these are not any good for HD tvs and blue ray players. They then released the 1.3 followed by the 1.3a and later the 1.3b the later one being capable of transferring sound and pictures at a better quality thus the price difference, unless you have one of the new and very expensive 200htz HDTVs then you are better off saving your money and getting the 1.3 cable but I would not want to pay anything under $30 dollars cause you might be getting a 1.2 cable. I also read somewhere that Sony was going to release an ultra expensive 1.4 HDMI cable for its new generation of 200 htz tvs.

Hope this helps